4

Denki didn't know much about male-male relationships so he decided to do what any person would...and look it up. Only, he wasn't expecting things to take the turn they did and was horrified about the possibility that someone might see his search history. "I really jumped down the rabbit hole on that one," Denki closed his laptop and rested his head on his desk. He just wanted to learn more about what Shinso might've gone through and ended up having a bit of a crisis on his own. Kyouka's words really got to him. Shinso and him? A couple? But he was dating someone now. 

"I don't like him like that though," Denki leaned back in his chair and thought about it some more. Shinso's naked body crossed his mind. They'd seen each other naked plenty of times before but now... Denki's face flushed. "Why does the thought of him make me blush now?" 

Denki plopped down on his bed and closed his eyes. "I should try and get some sleep." But once his eyes were closed he just kept thinking about Shinso's naked body. He also thought about Neito and the two of them together...and what they might do. He didn't like it. He didn't like the thought of them together. He thought it was because Neito just seemed like someone you couldn't trust but maybe it was something more? 

"Do I love my best friend?" Denki partially screamed into his pillow. 

"Hey," Shinso opened the door to his room and blinked, watching Denki jump out of his bed and nearly fall on his ass. Did he hear that? Denki blushed. "Why are you freaking out? We had plans for me to come over today months ago...should I have stayed home?..." His heart tensed up. He'd thought the two of them could resume as normal but they never really properly apologized. Did he fuck it up? Was their lifelong relationship ruined now? Shinso tensed, not sure what to do. "I can go back home..." 

"No! It's fine! I forgot!" Denki stood up and waved his arms around. "I don't mind that you're here! I really have been meaning to apologize but..." Denki didn't know what to say. Shinso walked toward him and placed his hand on his head, ruffling his hair as he always did in the past whenever they'd had an argument. 

"It's okay," Shinso stated, hoping that everything could just go back to how it was. Denki smiled, feeling completely relieved. "I don't really have the energy to do anything though. Neito pushed me way too hard today," Shinso yawned and plopped down on Denki's bed. What did that mean? Denki's mind flooded with possible scenarios. None of them good. What the fuck did that mean??? Really though, all Shinso meant was that he'd been dragged around to a lot of different shops and the walking tired him out. The minute his head hit the pillow he passed out. Denki was tired too of course, and climbed into the bed. This was fine. Right? They'd done this so many times before. 

His heart pounded in his chest as he looked toward Shinso. His shirt was raised slightly, revealing his lower back. Denki reached out, without thinking, and placed his hand there. Shinso made a noise of some sort but didn't wake up. Was his hand just cold? He'd touched Shinso before in the past but now it felt foreign. He knew Shinso better than anyone, or so he thought, but he'd never heard that sound before. Jealousy sparked in him. How many noises did he let Neito hear that he hadn't? Denki scooted closer and hugged Shinso. This should be fine, right? The two had done this before enough times. 

Denki closed his eyes, trying to think of his girlfriend, but Shinso kept popping up. Shinso underneath him. Shinso on top of him. Shinso blushing. Kissing Shinso. Touching Shinso. Holding Shinso. Wishing Shinso was his. Denki opened his eyes and backed away, falling off of his bed. He stood up and ran to the nearest bathroom. Slamming the door shut, he sunk to the floor. His face was as warm as a fire. 

"What was that?" he whispered, holding his face in his hands. 

Shinso opened his eyes after hearing the door close. He noticed his shirt was nearly off of his body and adjusted it. He'd woken up as soon as Denki hugged him but didn't move. Shinso sat up, internally screaming, "What was that all about? Wasn't he a bit more clingy than usual?" When the door opened again, and Denki returned, Shinso instantly resumed his earlier position. Denki crawled back under the covers, but Shinso's shirt got caught and moved all the way up his body. Denki stared at him for a second, moving his hand to grab his shirt, and he pulled it off of Shinso. However, as he did this, Shinso rolled from being on his stomach to his back. His eyes were still closed and he was the champion of poker faces so this should be nothing. 

Denki stared at his chest, placing his hand in the center of it and moving it down. Realizing he was touching Shinso again without thinking, Denki moved his hand away and covered Shinso in the blankets too. He rolled onto his side, red as a tomato, and tried to avoid the impulse. 

What the fuck was that about? The two internally screamed at themselves, hoping with all of their might that the other one wouldn't notice a thing.