Chapter 12

Ojo was staring at me like it was funny.
I walk out towards the center of the tightrope. I was super nervous because I couldn't do it at the training grounds let alone here. I start to lose my balance but then I find it again. I continue walking out onto the tightrope. I look around at everyone. I knew there was no going back now because I was here in the center and the aliens were on the ends of the tightrope. I look at Noodles and he looks like he's about to cry.  I wave over to the aliens telling them they could come to me. This is when I came to my senses that if this didn't work..... I look over at Noodles and tell him that it was ok to let go and drop me and the aliens. He hesitated but let go and I started to free fall. As I fell I heard Noodles yell my name. I started to freak out but I calmed down. I closed my eyes and just fell...until I felt an arm around my waist. It was Noodles pulling me up. I turned and waved at the aliens and then turned back around. I came up and Noodles pulled me to him.
Y/n: "I told you I'd be ok."
Noodles: "Don't EVER do that to me again."
Y/n: "I won't. Why would I want to?"
I wipe his tears.
Y/n: "Plus I hate to see you cry."
He gave me a small smile and a hug.
Y/n: "How's it going Wheels?"
Wheels: "Great."
He says rolling towards us.
Wheels: "All we have to do is swap out the ignition chamber's motherboard with one that'll tell the device it launched even when it didn't. That way we fooled it-"
Noodles: "Dude! Just tell us how long."
Wheels: "Oh now long. Now put it into the ignition chamber up there."
Noodles starts to reach up but Ojo draws a tentacle that slaps it out of his hand. It lands on one of the lights at the bottom of the void. I guess it's not bottomless.
Y/n: "Noodles!"
He reaches down but he isn't able to reach far enough.
Noodles: "I can't reach!"
Facemaker: "It's too high to jump."
Y/n: "Nobody would ever survive that fall."
Slo-mo: "I......can."
He jumps into the void.
Y/n: "Slo-mo!"
I look at Rewind.
Y/n: "Rewind, stop him. Reverse it!"
Rewind: "Hold on. I think he knows what he's doing."
I look back at the time and we have like 40 seconds left.
Y/n: "We're running out of seconds!"
I just stand there as he gently places his feet on the light and grabs the motherboard. We all cheer for Slo-mo.
Wheels: "Uh guys. How are we gonna get him back up here?"
Y/n: "Wildcard? We need you! Right now!"
He had frozen everybody in the control center.
Wild Card: "I'm on my way. Stay cool."
He teleports to us and my jaw drops.
Facemaker: "Dude! You actually teleported."
They high-five each other.
Y/n: "Get down there quick!"
He teleports down to Slo-mo and flys back up with him.
Wheels: "Now swap the motherboards up there."
Noodles swaps the motherboards right as the clock hits zero. Everything starts to shake. I notice the pyramid start to open up.
Y/n: "What's happening?"
Ojo: "The takeover is happening!"
And she smiles big like it's a good thing.
The opening gets really bright, but then the shaking stops. All of a sudden our PARENTS walk out of the pyramid in slow motion. Well everyone except Blinding Fast. Then they stand there in their heroic stances looking at us.
Y/n: "Wait so our parents were in the pyramid all along? But I don't understand. What's the takeover?!"