Chapter 3

Wheels turns on the TV. Noodles came and sat beside me.
Noodles: "Sorry about Wild Card. He can be arrogant and rude to new people."
I nod.
Noodles: "Hey. Um, if you don't mind me asking, how come you never speak up."
I look down. I'm a little self conscious about my voice.
Noodles: "It's ok if you don't-"
Y/n: "I- I'm a little insecure about my voice."
I whisper.
Noodles: "Would you speak up to me?"
Y/n: "Uh, sure..."
I take a deep breath.
Y/n: "I lied. The reason I never speak up like this is because I don't like explaining to normal kids why I don't have powers."
Noodles: "I like your voice."
Y/n: "Thanks I say smiling. Don't tell anyone though."
Noodles: "One more question. Why don't you have powers?"
Y/n: "Well it's not something I can control, but my mom was a powerless Heroic."
Noodles: "You got your mother's genes."
I nod.
Noodles: "She must be pretty."
I smile at him. I hear the news anchor start talking about Crushing Low.
Anchor: "And her comes Crushing Low!"
He swings into the mayor's new building.
Anchor: "And there goes the mayor's new building in record time."
Wild Card: "Pass the popcorn. This battle's gonna be epic!"
Slo-Mo takes his precious time to pass the popcorn.
The news anchors say that Miracle Guy was back and wouldn't go down without a fight. I can't believe my dad lied to me. It wasn't a practice or test, it was real. I started to get a little panicked again. Then I saw something I didn't want to be real.
Y/n: "Wait he's not supposed to be there."
My dad.
He was fighting.
All of a sudden, Miracle Guy gets knocked into a building and lands on another one faster than I could comprehend.
Noodles: "No way! No one's ever taken down Miracle Guy!"
Noodle's mom disappears. Sharkboy gets knocked into a helicopter. The helicopter lands on a building, and he gets taken by the aliens. Guppy gasps. Two aliens grab Miracle Guy by his arms. He tries to fly away but the aliens pull him down and he gets captured.
Guppy: "I thought the Heroics were unbeatable."
Wheels: "They are unbeatable. It's not over yet."
Rewind and Fast Forward's parents are arguing again. Now I see where they get it from. They get taken because they were arguing about who goes through the door first.
Rewind: "Mom!"
Fast Forward: "Dad!"
Rewind looks at his sister and I can see the fear in his eyes.
Facemaker: "Go dad."
I saw Facemaker's dad just flying on screen. He gets caught and Facemaker makes a weird face. All of a sudden it rewinds. Then fasts forwards. Then rewinds and fast forwards again.
Rewind: "I want to see it again!"
Fast Forward: "And I don't want to see it again!"
Mrs. Vox starts destroying aliens with her voice, but gets grabbed over her mouth and gets taken also.
A Capella: "Wha-"
Lavagirl tries to hit the main ship with lava but ends up accidentally hitting Tech-no. They both get caught by aliens and Guppy gasps again.
A Capella comforts her, I mean she is the youngest one. Blinding Fast was trying to make the aliens dizzy. It was working on me.
Wheels: "They won't get Blinding Fast. Not him, he's too-"
They grab him and Wheels gasped. So does Slo-Mo who also starts to cry and I watch as his tear slowly rolls down his cheek and hits the ground. I knew my dad wouldn't be able to escape. An alien takes my dads thing that helps him fly. He falls and hits the ground and then a nearby, flipped, truck. All the aliens started to surround him. He calls my watch.
Y/n: "Dad? Dad we had a deal."
I whisper.
Dad: "I know. I promised I wouldn't be a hero anymore. But I'm still the leader of the Heroics."
Y/n: "Dad run! Get out of there!"
I say quietly.
Dad: "And a good leader...leads by example."
Y/n: "Dad!"
Dad: "I'm sorry honey."
He jumps into all of the aliens and I sit down and all I could do was cry.
Noodles: "Hey, it's ok...keep your head up."
I can't. First he lied, then he sacrificed himself. I give no parents now.
Noodles: "The Heroics will figure something out."
He lifts my head by my chin. He moves my hair from in front of my face and wipes my tears. We make eye contact.
Noodles: "We'll figure something out."
The president decided to make a public announcement. He basically says all this nonsense trying to sound "professional" when we all know something's fishy.
Facemaker: "How did this guy ever get to be president? He can't even put two sentences together."
He says the Supreme Commander of the aliens says they're from a planet named 'Ogima' and they want us to cooperate in the takeover or they'll destroy Earth and everyone on it. We only have 3 hours to listen or 'boom'.
The TV goes blank. I just kind of look around.
Granada: "Children"
We all jump.
Granada: "for your own safety we're going into full lockdown. No one leave your seats. As long as you stay where you are, you are all safe."
The TV goes back up.
Noodles: "Yeah right. Can they really protect us from that? We just saw it."
Wild Card: "You got a better idea?"
Guppy: "We should probably do what Miss Granada says."
I then thought of something from earlier.
Y/n: "Uh, pardon me, but-"
Nobody could hear me.
Facemaker: "The last look on my dad's face will haunt me forever."
He makes a scared face that looked relatively similar to the one his dad actually made.
A Capella: "What do they want from us?"
Rewind: "Do you think our parents are ok?"
Y/n: "Uh, excuse me?"
Wild Card: "What?"
Y/n: "We need to leave this room right now."
Guppy: "Why?"
Y/n: "Because the aliens know where we are, and they're coming for us next."
Facemaker makes a confused face.
Y/n: "The aliens know where we are, and they're coming for us next."
I say a little louder.
Wild Card: "How could you possibly know that?"
I walk over to Ojo and ask to see her iPad and she lets me see it.
Y/n: "Ojo drew these. Facemaker standing on top of the floating chairs, Noodles smashing the exercise ball-"
Wild Card: "She draws what she sees, big deal."
Y/n: "She drew these Things five minutes before they happened. Ojo's superpower isn't that she can draw, she can draw the future."
Wild Card: "Ok, cool. Good for Ojo. What's your point?"
Y/n: "She also drew these alien creatures breaking into this very room. There."
I say pointing to the vent. Wheels grabs the iPad.
Noodles: "Woah! You're saying they'll be coming in through there?"
Wheels: "She's right. All these drawings suddenly make perfect sense. Ojo can see the future."
Wild Card: "Let me get this straight. Some new girl shows up with absolutely ZERO powers and suddenly we're gonna do what she says?"
Noodles: "It's a perfectly good explanation."
A Capella: "Seems like she's got a point."
Y/n: "Just a moment ago you agreed that we weren't safe here."
Wild Card: "We're safer in here than running around outside with you playing 'captain'."
Y/n: "I just wanna get out of here. If anybody wants to join me, you're free to follow."
He stands up and walks towards me.
Wild Card: "Fine. We're getting out of here, but only because I say so, you got that?"
Wheels: "Well what's the plan? Granada said this place is on full lockdown. There'll be guards everywhere."
Wild Card: "Yeah Y/n. What's the plan?"
Y/n: "Well..."
I step towards him.
Y/n: "I figured this is kind of like making an omelet."
I walk towards the door.
Y/n: "You always start by"
Noodles stretched his neck toward me
N: "Breaking some eggs."
I look at him and nod slowly.