Chapter 8- Annabel

Your eyes widen when you hear Kraehe giving Mytho orders. “Mytho! Take your sword and destroy the shard!” You hear her shout. You gasp and watch the battle take place. Fakir draws his sword. Your hands begin to tremble. The air was tense and now more then ever you are needed. I must stop this… If only I can get Mytho’s shard of love then I can give it to father. You watch Fakir charge at Kraehe. For a few moments the water turns from water to solid earth.  As Fakir is getting closer it crossed your mind… You run out of hiding and go to the edge of where the water would be. “Fakir! Get out of there!” You scream at him. 

 Fakir turns around and looks at you. His eyes widen and a face of hatred appears on him. Just as that happens your chest feels heave and a wave of sadness over takes you. He hates me… You sigh and look down.  Then the water comes back and Fakir shouts as he falls into the cold, calm water. You look at tutu and take her hands, “Please do not hate me. I wish I could change my fate but I can’t. But you and Fakir can. Please forgive me for doing what I am going to do in a little.” You say with tears streaming down your face. You didn’t want to cry, but it was going to happen anyways. 

“I promise I will forgive you.” She says smiling lightly.

 You let go of her hand and walk on the water toward Mytho and Kraehe. Each step you took Kraehe’s frown grew more. You stop right where Fakir had fallen. You kneel on the water and reach down into the cold water. You felt around before your warm hand found another one. You quickly pull up; bring up Fakir’s body. He was coughed up water and grabbed his sword.  “Thanks… I guess I owe you one?” He said a little upset. 

“No you don’t. Not after this…” You walk over to the island where Mytho and a frighten Kraehe are. You set him down and walk over to Mytho. You look at him then look at the shard.

“Kill her Mytho!” Kraehe shouts.

“What? Why should he kill me? Can’t you kill your own enemies?” You say darkly. You pick up the heart shard and grin. “Thank you for finding this, Kraehe. It will do nicely.” You look at Fakir and hand him he shard. “Take it.  I have no use for it. Mytho does.” You say sadly. There is no way I can take Mytho’s heart or Kraehe’s… So it must be my own… 

Father… destroy my heart and give me my sister… I want her back now! You collapse on the floor onto your knees. You look up and watch Mytho bringing his sword down onto you. “This is it… this is the end?” You say to yourself. Mytho brings it down but stops right before it hits your skin. You look up, wondering why the sword hasn’t pierced your heart yet. You open your eyes to find Fakir holding Mytho back. 

“Run! Run now black swan!” Fakir shouted looking back at you. 

Tears of anger and sadness were coming down slowly. No… He can’t interfere!  “I am not going anywhere!” You stood up reaching for Mytho’s sword. “I made a promise and I must keep my promise.” You said coldly.

“Please… stop… don’t…”

You hear some ones soft voice echo all around you. “Who is that?” Fakir asks looking around. You look around quickly. You look to the water to find a soft white light glowing in the shape of a beautiful, big swan.

 “A-Annabel!” You shout dropping the sword you run straight toward the light. The swan turns into a young looking girl. She was wearing a similar outfit to you but all white. Her hair was a red-ish purple color. Her eyes were the color of sapphire. You embrace her and she does the same. “I promise I wont let you go again…” You said while trying to hold back your tears.

“I’m so sorry… I’m not really free yet… I was able to escape mentally… not physically. But I’m still here.” She said. Then you noticed the light white glow around her. “Please don’t waste your heart on me. If you do… you will end up like Mytho. Promise me you will find another way. No more hearts. Just find another way…” Annabel said before she began to fade away.