Chapter 6- Drosselmeyre

Fakir’s P.O.V 

I walked into the library with duck right behind me. I walk over to the desk where the librarian Mrs. Mouse is sitting. “Excuse me can you see if anyone has checked this book out?” I said kindly while handing her the book. Mrs. Mouse takes the book in her little tiny paws. She scans the book and keeps her eyes locked on the screen.

“Yes… Someone has checked out this book. Did the student drop it on the ground or let it somewhere?”  She asked in a soft squeaky voice.

“Um… Yeah.  I found it on the ground and I want to return it to the student. You know how I am with books, right?”

Mrs. Mouse nodded and typed on the computer. “Alright the girls name is (y/n).” She said handing him back the book. “Do you know where her room is?”

“Yeah.” I said taking the book back and leaving the library. “Duck you know where her room is right?” I said slowly. If not we can guess. 

“Nope! But maybe the lady in the dorm knows. Why didn’t you ask Mrs. Mouse?” Duck said tilting her head at me.

“B-because! It’s weird to ask where a girl’s room is. I’m not going to be a creepy stalker or peeping tom.” I said. I could feel my face getting red.        

“But what if she already thinks that since you ‘know’ where her room is?” 

I sigh and begin to storm to the girl’s dorm. I know my face is probably red as a tomato… When we got in there I quickly asked the dorm lady, who watches this place 24/7 making sure that who ever comes in has a good reason.

Once we found out her room we headed right there. But before we got there and knocked on the door I sat down and read the book quickly. “Hmm…” I finally finished reading the book and let me tell you it was very… well Drosselmeyre-y…

“What did it say?” I heard Ducks voice breaking my thoughts. To be honest I completely forgot that she was there. 

“Nothing really, we just that we need to make sure Black Swan doesn’t get to Mytho.” I said while getting up. I knocked on (y/n)’s door. Duck stood a little bit behind me.

Your P.O.V (This is when during the time when they found the book so you know what happens to you.)

You open your eyes to find yourself surrounded by clock gears. Great…  You began to struggle trying to break the chains. “I’m done! This game you are playing is stupid just like you!” you shout you wait and listen to the echo of your voice. Where is everyone? You slowly look around yourself. No one was there. You grab a hold of the chains and began to pull on each one. You break free your right arm then move to your left.  Once you got your left free you began to fall. You scream and hit a gear. Your leg chains break after the impact on the ground. You quickly get you and brush the chain metal off of you. You look around. “Something is different…. You did this didn’t you?” The clock was a lot darker it wasn’t all white anymore it was dark and the clock gears were now rusted. You hear someone laughing close by.

 “My, my! What do we have hear, a black swan in my home? What a treat!” You hear an older gentle men say.  You follow the laughing till you reach an interesting man in a rocking chair. He was wearing some type of funny looking hat. The hat had different color feathers coming out of it. He was wearing a red-ish coat.  He was drinking tea from a little teacup as well. There were several clock gears with pictures in them. One showed Fakir and Duck walking to the library. Another showed Rue with Mytho, and the final one had you sleeping.

“What is this sick place?” You ask harshly.

“Well that’s not nice to ask…” The man says frowning. “My name is Drosselmeyre. I’m the one and only flesh and blood! Right here now!” He shouts spinning around on his one foot, while having his arms out stretched spilling tea everywhere. He then stops and begins to laugh uncontrollably.  “You realize that your story wasn’t supposed to take place until this one ended? That’s the beauty with your resistance! I love a good tragedy! Too bad that woman wasn’t able to keep you locked up longer…” He said using a happy yet sad tone.

“Are you telling me that after something bad happened in their story I would be released! What the hell! You had my own mother keep me locked up in that place for your own amusement!” You said yelling at him.

“Yes! That’s it! You are very smart! But I guess you are now in this story so you better be getting back!” He laughs before snapping his fingers.   

You wake up with a jolt as you hear knocking at your door. “shit…” You say quietly.