Chapter 3: Home is Here

A few hours later came one of the woes of babies changing their diapers. Alfred was busy cooking so it was up to Bruce and the boys to do this task.

"I'm not doing it!" Jason said quite clearly.

"Me either!" Tim said figuring he didn't want to be scared at twelve years old.

"You're his dad Bruce so it should be your job."

"Uggghh fine I'll do it. Alright Damian let's make this easy please? Dick get me the diaper."

Dick quickly got it as well as the wipes and baby powder and handed them to Bruce.

He looked at his son who was pouting and whining feeling very uncomfortable in his soiled diaper. Bruce then removed the tabs and slowly peeled off the front part. What they saw and smelled then made everyone just about puke right then and there.

"Ewwwww! That's disgusting!" Tim yelled.

"How can something this small make something that nasty?" Dick asked unable to handle this.

"Just throw it away! Just throw it away! Ugghh why do we have this brat if he makes stuff like this!" Jason yelled in absolute disgust.

"Everyone just calm down and it will all be over soon!" Bruce yelled.

He then proceeded to wipe Damian and fold the diaper up. He then threw it away and powdered Damian. Bruce then who tapped a fresh diaper around Damian and sighed with relief after the whole thing was over.

"I don't know how I'm going to do this several times a day." Bruce said as he picked up Damian

"You get used to it Master Bruce, now if you could all please gather in the dining room." Alfred said as he walked up behind everyone.

"Finally I'm starving!" Tim said as he ran off to the dining room.

"Geesh brat slow down!" Jason said as he walked towards the dining room himself.

Dick chuckled as he rolled his eyes and followed his brother's to the dining room.

"Master Bruce how about I take young Master Damian while you eat you've already done so much today sir."

"Ok." Bruce said not really wanting to let go of Damian.

Neither did Damian who tightly gripped onto Bruce as Alfred tried to take him.

"Now Damian come on Alfred will take good care of you."

Bruce unwillingly but forcefully removed Damian's little fingers from his shirt and handed him to Alfred. Damian squirmed and cried in Alfred arms not wanting to be in them. Though luckily Alfred had a way with children and quickly calmed him doe by rocking him. Damian then became mesmerized by Alfred having this feeling this was a man he could always trust to be there.

With Damian out of his arms Bruce reluctantly went to eat dinner. He ate in silence all the boys busy talking to each other luckily. In his head he reviewed the day's events from Damian's arrival to being topped with the responsibilities of a parent. He felt in over his head and happy all at the same time, he didn't know what to do.

It then came time to go out on patrol, after all he was still the Batman. He signaled Dick, Jason, and Tim it was time leading them over to the batcave. They all suited up and got in their range of vehicles. Batman and Robin in the Batmobile and Red Hood and Nightwing on the cycle.

Jason had become Red Hood after a short time of being Robin. After being thought to be dead for two years Jason finally came out of the shadows as Red Hood. He hunted down Joker, who had tried to kill him, and killed him. But Bruce still took him back in, knowing he would need a real home to recover from the two years of agony he faced.