Chapter 7: 1 year old

Four months later

Bruce couldn't believe his son was already going to be one year old. It seemed like only yesterday the babe couldn't even sit up or even say a single word. Now he was crawling, teething, and much more. He loved seeing his little boy grow up but he couldn't help but want him to stay little.

They were currently planning the little baby's birthday many "cough Dick" wanting to make it as big as possible. Bruce, while believe me planned to spoil his son beyond all reason, still wanted to keep his son's birthday small.

"But Bruce it's his first birthday it has to be big!"

"Dick who would we even invite besides while he may only one I'm pretty sure Damian doesn't like crowds especially after the incident when he was six months old. I think he would be more comfortable with a small party with just me, you, Alfred, Jason, and Tim."

"Uuuggg fine."

Dick walked off disappointed but he saw Bruce's point Damian didn't like crowds so something small would be best. But Dick remembered the giant birthdays his family and the circus would throw for him and he just wanted Damian to experience feeling special like that. Then again pretty much everyday was about Damian and not because he was a brat but because he was the apple of everyone's eyes.

"Master Bruce."

Bruce turned around and saw Alfred holding Damian who was now reaching for him.

"Papa."

"Ah there's the soon to be birthday boy come here." Bruce said as he gladly took Damian in his arms.

Damian babbled his incoherent baby language trying to tell his father about his day.

"He's been begging for you for the last hour. I musts say the young master is rather attached to you."

"Well I'd say the feelings mutual."

Bruce laid a kiss on Damian's head hugging the little baby tightly to him. Damian hugged his father back always the happiest in his father loving arms. Bruce then took his son over to the living room floor where he started to play with his son.

He bounced him, threw him in the air, entertained him with his many many toys, and lastly tickled him to no ends.

Damian laughed madly from his father's endless tickling loving having his sole and undivided attention.

"Papa! Papa!"

Bruce smiled at his son who was one of the few sources of happiness for him including all the other boys and Alfred. He cared deeply for all of them not sure what he would do without any of them.

Two days later

"You got the camera working yet?" Bruce asked Jason.

"Almost just this one thing annnnndddd rolling!"

"Alright Damian come on blow out the candle come on you can do it."

Damian was sitting in his high chair with a large chocolate cake made by Alfred of course. He had a party hat on and special onesie ready to celebrate his birthday.

"Come on Damian you can do it just blow." Dick said while trying to show the small child how to do the action.

"Ok it's clear the kid doesn't get this so I'll do it." Tim said as he attempted to blow out the candle.

Tim was immediately punched in the stomach by Jason knocking the wind out of him.

"Don't you dare or so so help me you will not see tomorrow!"