Chapter 14

A few hours went by and Marinette now felt accommodated in Jason's safe house. Until she got a call from Alfred, though, Jason took the call for her.

"Miss Marinette" ?

"It's Jason right now. Uhm, she's staying at my place for now. If that's alright" .

"No worries master Jason"

Jason hung up and told her everything was going to be alright.

And after dinner. The two decided to call it a night.

In the Daminette Residence

Damian looked at his watch and realized how late it was.

He really didn't care if he was the one that made Marinette mad in the first place. He wasn't the one who started anything. It was all her.

Eventually, after waiting for a few hours, he gave up and decided to believe she was currently passed out in a bar. Even if that just wasn't the case. He took off to his bedroom, but something just didn't seem right. While walking towards his bedroom, he saw Marinette's bedroom door opened. Sure, it could've been the cats. But, there was a glowing light in there.

And it seemed to be calling him. No matter how stupid it was, he had to trespass her side of the house one more time. And, it's not like she would ever know. She wasn't even here. Like last time.

So when he entered her bedroom, the first thing he went to, was her closet. He wasn't the one doing this though. He was the one being controlled. Though, if he had to admit it, he would've told you he wasn't resisting it one bit.

His hands dug into the designers closet and the more he searched, the more his wonders grew. Though the girl was gone and he had to show integrity, he didn't care. Might as well watch her die. Sure, it would hurt. He had unadmittable feelings, but this? This was worth more than her love if he was completely honest.

And after digging through her things, the soft glow he once saw, was a bright green light. But it slowly started fading away. And in the place of the center of the glow, lay a small black box with intricate Chinese designs. Yes, he recognized this. But to what organization? He had no clue.

He opened the box, but nothing happened.

"If this was all, I'm never coming back".

Damian got on his feet and was walking away when something fell. It sounded of metal. Or was it iron?

He quickly turned back and looked at the direction in which the sound was heard. And on her desk, he saw the same ring she had back when they got drunk.

Her engagement ring. But this one was just so different.

He walked towards her desk and looked around. And that's when he saw her small black velvet box. Inside was her engagement ring. So what was that other ring for?

He picked it up and inspected it. It was quite heavy for such a small thing. It was a nice silver color, and, he was going to try it on, that is, until he started hearing things.

Lovers when together, lovers when together, lovers when together

He gripped his head in pain but he could still hear the phrases

Remember my connection, remember my connection, remember my connection

He could feel the words in him. Their meanings, it hurt.

I am not your soulmate, I am not your soulmate, I am not your soulmate

These words struck his heart. Every line. Every stanza. Every single time he heard the words, his body felt weaker. As if people were stabbing him over and over again.

The guardian must protect the box, the guardian must protect the box, the guardian must protect the box

"And lover protect its god".

He applied the ring to his right hand and a sharp gust of wind was felt across the entire house. The pain was too much for him which caused him to pass out. But he had no idea what he had just gotten himself into.

In the Kent Residence

Everyone was now asleep, but Alfred quickly awoke. He felt it. And he didn't like it.

As a past monk himself, he had and felt everything a normal monk working for the guardians temple felt. He understood what everything meant and now he feared the upcoming events.

The next day

Marinette woke up and left her bed. She checked the date and quickly started preparing. She had brought lots of her things over to Jason's place and started working on more designs. And when Jason awoke, he was surprised to see breakfast awaiting his presence.

It was kind of weird, but he liked the idea of having her here. She was actually more than Damian himself described about her.

He quietly ate his breakfast and turned to her.

" What are you working on"?

"There's a fashion show coming up. Hosted by MDC" .

"I think I've heard of that person a few times. Dick likes talking about this person a lot though. Gets annoying, but it's nice having him over. What did I just say"?

" I dunno. You wanna come"?

"Tickets are sold out is another thing I've heard".

" I got a spare ".

" Well then, can't wait to rub this into Dick's face. That idiot will cry every time he sees me go by".

"Alright. I'm currently working on a few designs. Almost done with them. Though there's just a few more things. From the embroidery to the s-"

"I have no idea what any of that means. But go ahead".

She smiled and he took off to who knows where.

Back in the Kent residence

It was a wonderful morning for Bruce. He got his full nights rest and watched his daily dose of news.

Everything was going great for once. That is, until he saw Damian locked behind bars.

Bruce was happily sipping his tea, though with that appearing on the screen, he spit it all out and got Jon all wet.

" Uhm, Mr Bruce? What appears to be the problem"? Jon was currently wiping the tea off of his clothes. This guy was passing in front of Bruce when it happened. So yeah.

"Why is Damian there".

Jon turned towards the screen and read the heading.

Damian Wayne was caught attacking the mayor and a few people last night

" What"? Jon was so confused by this point. Everything was so weird. His life itself was messed up. And now his friend was going crazy.

"That can't be my son. He's improved over time. He would've never done this".

Alfred appeared out of nowhere, but stated otherwise.

" Sir, I'm afraid your son has gone through some change. And they aren't good ones for that matter".