Chapter 1

One cough. That's all it takes for my mom to turn around thinking something is wrong. "Are you alright, do you need anything? Your medicine?", she asked. "No", I respond sighing trying to finish my homework from Uni. I coughed again twice and then again seeing ma walk over to me rubbing my back. "Mom I'm fine, you don't have to walk around on eggshells when you're with me", I said and she just nodded going back to cooking dinner. Me and two of my sisters lived with mom while the other two lived with their father. I was diagnosed with lung cancer two years ago and just last month they told me I had stage 2 which if you didn't know, means it's getting worse. I wanted to be a famous ballet dancer one day but ma doesn't really take me to lessons everyday because she doesn't want me to continue dancing with my condition.

"Can you eat please", ma said breaking me out of my thoughts and I grabbed my fork starting to eat my pasta.

"Can I go out with dot and fizzy tomorrow", i asked coughing a bit and ma sighed putting her fork down.

"Sweetie, I know you want to hang out with your sisters and all but you need to get better first", she said like I expected and I sighed getting up going to my room. I closed my door sitting on my bed and sighed then coughed again. The coughs always hurt my throat because they were dry and sometimes blood would come up. I heard my phone ring answering and saw Zayn's face pop up.

"Have you gotten your letter for the dance academy yet", he asked and I shook my head no sighing.

"No, I'm still waiting and ma doesn't even know I applied and auditioned", I said laying down and Zayn sighed angrily.

"Why can't they just hurry up and send them", he groaned and I chuckled agreeing. After talking with Zayn a bit I turned my lamp off putting my phone on the charger and went to sleep.

.................

The next morning ma was waking me up and she looked like she was crying.

"Louis! What is this, a dance school in Paris really!, I don't want you to get hurt", she cried and I grabbed the letter from her reading it with wide eyes.

Congratulations You have been accepted to the Dance School of Paris! Any dancers who does not want to be apart will be replaced immediately no rethinking, hopefully next year the ones who did not make it will try again!- Mademoiselle

"I have to call zayn", I cheered ignoring ma's looks and called him right away on my phone.

"Zayn! Zayn i got accepted", I said once he answered and he smiled wide showing me a paper.

"We're going to have so much fun", he said excitedly and I coughed twice then smiled.

"Yea because I'm not missing on this opportunity", I said looking directly at mom and she just smiled getting up hugging me.

"I'm so proud of you, just be careful alright and Zayn watch over my baby please", she said kissing my cheek and I hugged her tight jumping in excitement.

"Thank you mommy", I said and coughed making her chuckle.

"Too excited hun, just take it down a notch please", she said and I nodded smiling. I can't believe I got into a freaking dance academy for Paris, they are like the best and a lot of great dancers are from France and Paris!