Chpt 12: A Unvictorious Victory

Hi! I'm trying to update more at the moment, especially because there is a summer upcoming, in which I won't be able to post as much. Enjoy this chapter!

Steve's Pov:

Percy, Annabeth, Calypso, Thalia, Leo and Reyna. Dead. They all died. Painfully. I knew that they wouldn't want me to dwell on it. But I can't stop. It's impossible. They died. Like heroes. I thought. It was surprising. Percy and Annabeth should have lived a happy life together. Go study. Have a normal life. But they had to fight and die. 

"We have to find a way out. Nico? Can you shadow travel us back?" Asked Hazel, gulping down her want to cry. He just nodded. I looked at him, as if asking Are you sure they actually died? He answered, definitely getting the question.

"He's dead. All of them. I know it. They'll go to the Elysium, heaven. Maybe we can have one last call to them? I'll ask dad." He said darkly. I knew he hid the sorrow through the emotionless voice. But he wasn't impossible to find emotion in. 

"Everyone, take my hand, create a chain." We all did what he asked for without hesitation. I mean, even Tony. We melted into the shadows.

Tony's pov:

Percy's dead. Percy's dead. Percy's dead. Percy's dead. He. Is. Dead. I knew someone had to die, in which it wasn't Jason. But THEM? What did they EVER do? Ugh. I was so focused on the pain that I could say something teasing, sarcastic or something of the sort...

Natasha's Pov:

I may be a spy. Emotionless spy. But that many deaths? Of the 'good guys'? The friends of Percy? That's too much. At least I know that he died and gave freedom to the good side of Nyx, Erebus, Tartarus and Gaea. I mean. I'm pretty sure he talked Nyx out of it. Did he battle her? Guess these things will always stay a mystery. I could feel my eyes fill up with tears. He was so good and kind, why him? From the outside, I was looking a little sad. From the inside? I was crying my eyes out.

Jason's Pov:

I betrayed him. He left. We asked for his help in the war. He helped. He died with Annabeth. The girl I wanted, and still want. That pesk. I bet he did that on purpose...

No one's pov/3rd persons pov:

The avengers and the demigods appeared from the shadows at the pine tree. Chiron and most of the campers gathered around. The gods were there too. They all started cheering when they saw Steve holding Annabeth and Percy. Tony holding Thalia, the Hulk holding Reyna. Leo and Calypso are nowhere to be seen.

"W-where is Percy? Annabeth? How 'bout Reyna and Thalia?" Chiron stuttered. Steve looked down. But Tony, being the classic Tony, he answered,

"Oh, so NOW you have the guts to feel bad. Well, guess what? He died in sorrow. He always fought his emotions away. Because of YOU. YOU. The camp he LOVED and kept as a home. He died in vain. You cruel creatures, don't get me started on how selfish you were. Oh, my..." By now most of the campers were sobbing. Chiron had tears running. But Tony was unaffected, not counting his own tears running down his cheek, "You have no right to cry. He was a hero, and y-you! Betrayed him." He whispered the last part. Jason looked guilty. Chiron looked sad, but a little angry. The survivor demigods looked down. Poseidon looked down and muttered something along the lines of 'I never got to say sorry to him, and reclaim g t6bhim...'

----------Time Skip to Dinner---------- (still 3rd person pov)

During dinner, the campers, Avengers and gods came together for the funerals. Percy's coffin was beautiful hazel-brown with a few sea-green and grey stripes. Annabeth's was the same as Percy's. On the side, for both coffins, there was 'Percy and Annabeth forever, Life and Death' carved in. Leo's was just a small decorative box, since their bodies were never found. Neither was Calypso's. Leo's small box had his most memorial objects inside it, along with a few nice photos. It was a plywood colour, it had a few wavy orange-y lines, along with yellow and white ones. It also had carved 'Never let down Hepheastus, beloved Leo Valdez. Rest in Peace with Calypso'. Calypso's had memorial objects and photo's too and was an oak tree wood made box, instead of thick plywood. It had a lot of beautiful images encarved, counting Ogygia, flowers and trees along with a lot of other plants on the rim before a step-down. On the nearly-top (before the top of the box) there was written 'Peaceful Titaness, lover of Leo, Hero of the World. Rest in Peace and may you re-meat your true love again in Elysium.' Thalia's coffin was the most beautiful. Her coffin was made of a pine tree. Symbolizing the many years she spent as one. There were waves of silver, night blue, black, white and lightning blue lines along the side of the coffin. On the top bottom of the coffin there was 'Renegade, Pine Tree, Saviour, Lieutenant, but still a Hero'. Reyna's was also beautiful. It had SPQR largely carved at the top of the top of the coffin. The coffin was made of mahogany, with a beautiful, dark, vibrant looking and shiny brown. It had other wood colours too. It had encarved 'True Leader of the Romans. Once a Praetor, always a Praetor.' The avengers had teary eyes, while the campers just looked down shamefully. Hazel was down on the floor crying her eyes out, with Frank trying to soothe her, but crying himself. The surviving demigods from the war down in the Pit were all looking at the coffins with regret, sorrow and anger.

Steve's Pov;

"Hades?" Nico said, breaking the silence.

"Yes, Nico?" He said, surprisingly, his voice was rough from crying.

"Can we see them, just this once? Through an Iris-message into Elysium?" He nodded. Making some sort of wording which I assumed was Ancient Greek. A large 'Iris Message' appeared. I saw Percy and Annabeth sitting on a cliff, the sea visible after it. Their feet swinging over it. They were smiling, making out (kissing), talking and -- just -- being happy. I've never seen him, or actually, them so happy. Then the IM (that's what I'm calling it now) moved to a cabin-like shop. It had '"Leo and Calypso's Garage: Auto Repair and Mechanical Monsters"' written. I smiled. Then the Iris message moved to Thalia. She was having fun with, whom I assumed, was Luke. Percy had described him before. They looked so happy. Then Reyna. She was talking with a few other Romans. They all had their purple SPQR t-shirts on. Then the whole IM ended. I smiled, knowing that their safe and happy. 

"Ok. Everyone, meal time!" He announced just as a horn blew. 

-----------Time skip to after dinner-----------

(Still Steve's Pov:)

Dinner ended just like that. We saw our close demigods die, be in Elysium and ate dinner. Wow. We even finished a whole funeral ceremony. Lot's can happen throughout these Days. We travelled back to the Avengers' tower. If there was anything I've personally found in this war. That is that bravery doesn't come from power, nor does control. If you truly care, you will give your life to the others. Like Percy. Like Annabeth. Like Thalia, Leo, Calypso and Reyna. If you ever are hurt. I'll be there. To help and be there...

Thanks! That's it for the story! If you have an idea for another story, please answer my post on the 'conversations' part. Send a request for a story. I'll try to write one to your replies. Thanks for finishing this story!