chapter five: the morning (harpers pov)

This was a bad idea. But Max was just slowing us down. "I want you to come here, Ha- Hanna." Hanna? Could this asshole seriously not remember my name. "It's harper max." I sighed. "I kne- knew that. Look h-hot new girl i'm not going anywhere with your ass." He stutters. Hot new girl? Seriously? "Shut the fuck up." I hush annoyed. Checking outside now I notice it's our chance to leave. Grabbing Max's wrist I saw him look up at me. I got a weird feeling, not an uncomfortable one but just a weird shitty feeling i've never felt before. We slowly move back to our tents. Max pushes me off him and goes to his bed. As soon as he laid down he feel asleep. so did I, well I thought about Max for a little bit before then. Though I don't really know why.

I𝚗 T𝚑𝚎 M𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐:

When I woke up Max was already awake. He wasn't in his tent though, no one was. I got up and got dressed. Wearing my usual black leggings and tight white shirt. I brushed my hair and walked to where I thought breakfast was. David was walking outside looking nervous. I snuck past him and opened the door. Looks like I was right, I saw a bunch of kids at different tables talking and eating. I went to get coffee. I looked for Max and his friends, they were over by a table on the far right. Nikki was playing with her food, Neil was eating, and Max was folding his arms looking down with his hoodie over his head. I walk over there. "Oh hey Harper!" Nikki says. "Hey new girl." Max mutters. "max, are you ok?" I ask, wondering why he looked more depressed then usual. "Mhm." He says. "I'm not looking forward to activity's today. I heard david's interviewing us about someone stealing his shit." Neil says. Max looks up from the table with a nervous face. "WHAT?!" "Yeah.. you haven't heard?" Neil asked. "He's going crazy over this camper stealing something." I force a laugh. "I'm sure it's nothing."