chapter twenty one: New friendship

Max walked over to his tent. You went over to the campfire.

"Oh , Harper!" Neil said. He looked nervous.

"Hey neil." You said, walking over to the log.

He followed.

"So, how's things going with."

"Max? Yeah. We're good now."

You looked down at the ground.

"I wanted to give you this." Neil spoke as he handed you a necklace.

"You found it?" Your face lifted up from the ground. "It was no problem." Neil said. You hugged him. He whimpered again.

"Did I hurt you?" You asked him releasing your arms.

"No- I just- I just." He couldn't finish his sentence. You smiled leaving to go towards Max's tent.

He was laying down looking at his phone.

"Yo princess, get over here." He smirked.

You sat down next to him. He got up. When he lifted his phone to your face he showed you a picture of Neil and you hugging.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I could blackmail you now."

"I don't care if people see that."

He smirked. "Mkay princess."

You got up. When you headed toward your spot of the room Max was still looking at you. You threw a shirt over him.

"Stop looking at me pervert."

He laughed.

You checked the time. It was past twelve. You tried going to bed. You probably got two hours of sleep that night.

In the morning

When it was time to get up David first pulled the sleeping bag off Max.

"Rise and shine sleepy head."

"Go fuck yourself." He said putting his pillow over himself. David pulled it off.

"Good morning Harper!" He said leaving to go wake up the others.

"It's so fucking annoying how David only wakes me up. I hate you so much."

"It might be cause I actually get up."

He growled rolling out of his bag. His hair was frizzy, and his dark eye circles were very hard to ignore.

"Jesus Max." You said getting ready. "Do you even get any sleep?"

"mhm." He spoke, getting up to drink coffee.

My heat was racing watching Max slowly lifting up his sweatshirt to whipe the sweat off his face. He noticed. "What?"

"Huh?" You spoke.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"I'm not."

He didn't respond he got his coffee and walked out the tent. Apart of you wish he still was obsessed with you. But now he was going to treat you like any other girl. And you didn't like that.