Prologue

Prologue

“It can’t be this way. I’m sorry.” I said walking away from him; my heart breaking in the process.

“No! Melissa, why are you doing this?! Just come back.” He reached out for my hand grabbing my wrist and turning me towards him.

“It would never work out, Ben- I mean, Mr. Arley. I’m the student and you’re the teacher. You’re wrong, you’re not my mate.” I whispered, averting eye contact with him, knowing that what I was saying wasn’t the truth.

“Melissa, listen to me.” He said grabbing my waist. He was shaking and the rain was beginning to turn into hail stones. We were both in T-shirts and it was freezing but we both didn’t care about the weather. It was what was happening now that mattered to us. “I don’t care that you’re my student and I’m your teacher. All I care about is us. I don’t know if this is wrong but I do know that you’re my mate and I can’t live without you if I tried.”

I was shaking my head vigorously not looking at him. I was looking to god; praying for the pain in my chest to go away. “Please, Melissa, don’t do this.” His voice cracked. Tears were falling down his face mixing with the rain. I pushed him away as hard as I could.

“No, this would never work. And it’s not only the fact that you’re my teacher but it’s the fact that...” I looked him square in the eye, quivering with nerves to say this. “...the fact that you’re not my mate.” I pulled his hands of my waist and turned away from him, running.

“Melissa! Melissa, come back...” I heard being called after me as I ran as fast as I could until I felt my clothes being ripped off and I changed into a wolf. I galloped my way to the forest. Whilst my wolf was telling me to turn back, my human was telling me to keep moving forward.