A New Day

Picture Of Alex's Mother

I woke from the head aching pain of my annoying alarm clock, hitting it to stop its annoying ring. I slipped out of my bed with a unpleasant grown. I slowly made my to my door with a yawn, hearing what I assumed was soft clanks coming from the kitchen. I sighed with a smile as I walked down stairs, following the now pleasant smell calling for me.

My mum was making pancakes and strawberry milkshakes, yeah I know my mums awesome. I sat at the table and waited for my breakfast. Replaying yesterday's events in my head once again, mostly unwillingly, but hah, what ya gonna do.

Now I know what your thinking, why set an alarm on the weekend. Well my dear friend, as awesome as she is, my mum doesn't really like leftovers which normally take up too much room and end up going yuck, so she tends to throw out the pancakes before I get to them, yeah wasteful l know but Shhhhhh, she still cool.

My mother soon placed the golden brown pancakes and strawberry milkshake in front of me, just the smell making my mouth water, my mind and stomach getting ready for the heaven and hell I was about taste.

",eat up," she smiled as we both started to eat. Its strange now that I think about it. We never really had a meal in our old home at least not with mum, dad and me all sitting at the tabke, nor did it feel as tho we were a happy family. We had never ate together and it was rare to see dad if he wasn't hitting my lights out for something that I hadn't done. But alas, that was our life back then, and I never really knew a better life was possible for people like us, and as fucked up as it might have sounded, the change in the food we ate when we left and the amount we had each day, breakfast/lunch/dinner, made me physically sick, as tho my body wasn't use to the meals or fresh food we had now to the food we were forced to eat back then.

Tho, mum had told me of a time where dad was once a kind man, where he'd do anything for her and me, weather it be for food, clothes, money, fees, time away from stress, he'd do it for our happiness. But that time seemed like a distant dream to the horror we faced back at our old place. But even if we had moved away to a safer place, and moved on as much as we could in the time we've been gone, my mind still hasn't erased the hurtful names I was called or the scares from those nights that man tried to kill me, and I know thats what he was trying to do, no one goes that far just from stress.

And as much as she wanted to help ease the experience from my mind to  and make way for new ones, things like that don't just fade, they stick like glue and don't let go unless it wants to. What was sad tho, was the fact that she made awesome meals for me and helped so much with the things she thought would be go for me, but it never worked, they were still there, hiding in the darkness of my mind. It made me feel ungrateful and disgusting.

The rest of my day was spent finishing actual homework I had and sitting on my bed. I was going the events from yesterday that led up to my getting g saved by bloody giant cats. Why didn't the leopards just attack me like they did with Noah? Why did they even help me? Were they even leopards? I mean how could such big cats go unnoticed by the rest of the town? They had to be something.......But they did look a lot like leopards.

It was so annoying having questions I couldn't answer race around in my head it was the begining of a storm, it frustrated me to no ends. So being ow-so-stupid me, I no the one thing that could possible make things a lot more worse. I decided to go back to the abanden park...

What a great fucking idea......

Sorry that its been so long. I've been helping a very good friend of my get back on her feet again after her father died. So I haven't had much time to write, I hope you understand.

And thank you for reading this story, hope you like it so far.