Chapter 1

"Are you guys seeing this!"

Barry could barely comprehend it. He'd met countless metas, but the abilities he witnessed never ceased to amaze him. Harry lowered his gun, and they both just stared at the side of the building. There was a girl, legs apparently stuck to the surface as she hoisted the woman who was hanging over the edge effortlessly. Receiving a call of a fire in the corporate establishments meant they had to move quickly. 

Barry quickly works at securing anybody who could have been hurt. Or at least he thought he did. There was a woman that had gotten struck from the blast. The minute he heard the scream he'd rushed outside to scope the damage. Harry was already there, staring at the scene. It would seem the said woman didn't even need help. The figure had it handled. Once the woman was no longer screaming for her life, Barry zipped out to get her to the ground. He stood by the broken glass, just staring at the girl who lowered her head. She was still somehow defying gravity. Because her feet were grounded to the glass.

"W-Who are you?"

No reply. He jolted when she started running up the building. Titling his head, his eyes widened, at the leap she took, hurtling over to the next building. Barry gave chase, obviously a bit disarmed now. Why run if you were just helping, unless you were the one who started the fire. Another jump made him zip around the corner. 

Upon getting out he was met with nothing but a body of people staring at the scene. When they saw him they started clapping and cheering. Barry turned his head, searching left and right, but whoever it was had disappeared in the mass of bodies.

"Damn."

~~~~~

"That was a close one." 

You shrugged off the jacket, leaning your back on the wall. A wide grin spread on your lips as you locked at your palms. The blue tendrils of light that ran through your veins had you doing a silent cheer. 

"Freaking Awesome!!!!" you ducked realizing how loud you'd said that. Pulling back on the hoodie, you shoved your hands in your pocket, keeping your eyes low as you blended back in with the crowd.

That was the first time you'd used your powers since you got them. It was incredible. A few weeks ago you were freaking out, but now it felt like you actually had it under control, not just that but you saved a person. And actual human life. 

It was by far the greatest feeling. Of course you never intended to run from the scene like a criminal, you were just a bit freaked out. Everyone knew who the Flash was, and as accepting as they all appeared to be of the hero, more criminal metas came out of that explosion than good ones. You didn't want him taking you in on account of an assumption. Spending a night in a jail cell wasn't exactly desirable. Especially since you had finals tomorrow.

"Fudge!"

Finals, you nearly forgot. You needed to get a move on. Couldn't exactly explain to your professor that your lack of sleep was due to your new hobby.