CH.10

What happened.. What did he say? what did he do? where did you go? Did you like the place..? Did you enjoy? Di.......
Hey chill... I cut her. Were you planning all these questions you have shot at me, the entire time I was out?
Kinda...but it doesn't matter just answer them.
She replied making a baby face.
To start with.... I began,
Yes go on..... She anxiously said.
Am not going to start answering questions or narrating anything right now because am really exhausted and I have to rest it's already last.... At least not now maybe later.
You are not being serious, are you? Because you so going to tell me everything. She said with a raised eyebrow.
Unfortunately am not, I replied heading to the bathroom.
You will have to! , she shouted as I closed the door.
No am not. I replied

***************************

After taking a shower and putting on my pajamas, I came out expecting she would be asleep but I was wrong.
My questions are still pending, she reminded me.
Okay fine,So here is out what happened.
From here he led me to his car...
Wait did you say car? She asked me with a surprised expression on her face.
Yes I did, he has a BMW
Wow... didn't know. She added
Neither did I, I only found out this evening.
From there we drove to the restaurant , then.........
I continued narrating everything.

Ending my story, I told her
"After the conversation, I paid for the food
Wait wait, you did what!?
I paid for the food. You have a problem with that?

What did he do, what was his reaction?
Honestly he's upset with me.
As I expected. Nat commented.
Okay you tell me, what's the problem with just paying a simple bill?
Actually girl you paying that simple bill as you call it, was more like a slap on the face to the guy?
How? I asked her
Isa... He was the guy there, he took you out not you taking him out.
And so? I asked again with a raised eyebrow
Of course he wanted to prove to you that he is able. She explained.
Honestly I don't care about that, because in as much as he cares about proving that to me.. I also care about proving that I don't need a guy to provide for me.
Remember I am Isabel Andrews the one...
The one and only daughter to the famous well known Mr and Mrs Eric and Ruth Andrews. Nat completed
Exactly. So am independent and even if I date a rich guy or maybe marry one I won't depend on him.
Okay Ms Andrews, why don't you go sing that to him because maybe he doesn't know you.
Before I could reply,
Good night Isa, it's late we have class tomorrow. Natalie said as she turned the other side and switched off the lights and slept.
Good night, I replied lying down.

𝓘𝓼𝓪'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼.

Did I sound too boasty and hurt her feelings. Maybe, besides she was just trying to help and correct me.
But still I just can't sit down and let a guy think I will depend on him.
I don't want people to think that way of me. I just have to keep up with my name.
Anyways I have to apologize to Natalie tomorrow morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓓𝓪𝔂

Hey, good morning. I greeted Natalie who was already getting ready and doing her makeup on the dressing mirror.
Morning Isa. She replied but in a low voice.
Natalie am really sorry for last night I didn't mean to boast. Am really sorry. I told her as I headed towards the mirror.

See Isa, I get you have a name to keep up with but so do I... Am also a daughter to a man who owns one of the biggest companies in town but sometimes we need to enjoy life in a low level.
That name you sing about is your fathers.. So instead of living life on his hard worked name, Why not work hard for yours.
So be yourself sometimes, enjoy life as Isabel and not the daughter to one of the top richest men.