Hey Look- The Baddies are gone! Time for new revelations (ii) #8

Sophie sighed as she walked down the empty hallway at Foxfire. Apparently, she had forgotten her Elvin history textbook in her locker. Oh, how she wished she were a Conjurer- a snap of your fingers and boom! you don't have to walk so far. 

Then again, let's not give Mr.Forkle any ideas. Five abilities were more than enough.

"Oh well" she said to herself as she reached her locker and licked the DNA strip.

Ewww! What even was that?

As she was taking out the books, she suddenly felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist.

"Hey beautiful" a familiar voice whispered in her ear.

She squeaked in surprise, "Keefe! You scared me!"

She turned around in his arms, only to find him smirking . "What are you even doing here, Foster? he enquired.

"Well, I apparently forgot my history textbook, so I came to get it. What's your excuse? What are you doing in the middle of the hallway mid-session?"

"Take a wild guess, sweetheart" he mocked, as if it was pretty obvious why he was there.

"Oh c'mon Keefe! Don't tell me you're ditching again" Sophie groaned.

"Ding ding ding- that's correct Ms.Foster. Ten points to Gryffindor! You're in Gryffindor, right?" he scrunched his eyebrows, trying to remember her Hogwarts house.

She sighed, a faint smile tugging at her lips "Yeah Keefe, I'm in Gryffindor."

It had been three months they had started dating and their friend group still did not know- well, except Dex and Biana, of course. Since then, Sophie had introduced Keefe to the Harry Potter world, showing him all the eight movies. She was surprised at the amount of interest Keefe took in the series, and it hadn't been less than a miracle when he had voluntarily asked her to get him the books- all of which he actually had read.

Their love for Harry Potter brought the couple even closer, with both of them making Harry Potter references all the time, acting out various scenes together and discussing probable theories- all the while sitting under Calla's Panakes tree and munching on Edaline's treats.

"But seriously, Keefe" she chided, putting her hands on his shoulders, "You shouldn't be ditching- and you know that. You need to pass so that you can enter the Nobility, have a good job and a great life."

"My life's already great, Miss F- after all, I have the privilege of calling you my girlfriend" he grinned cheekily. "And as for your other concerns" he continued, his face becoming serious as he whispered, "You know how I get when it comes to Daddio. Let's just say that yesterday wasn't the greatest day in the Life of Keefe Sencen Living With His Obnoxious Father" he faltered, and Sophie saw the pain in his beautiful eyes as he proceeded, "I- I got upset and so I decided to ditch today. Ya know, to show him that he's not the boss of me and that I'll never be like him." He looked down, sorrow written all over his handsome features- the broken boy Sophie had come to know making his appearance before her.

These past few months, Keefe had opened up to her a lot, and these conversations had become easier than before- though, still very tough.

Sophie was sad- she couldn't bear to see the person she loved the most like this. She was also angry at his father for treating him like that. She took a deep breath, tilting his chin so that their eyes met, as she cupped his cheek .

"Are you okay, Keefe? If you wanna talk, I'm always here" she smiled sadly at him.

His eyes scanned her face, penetrating deep into her brown ones, conveying messages and emotions words never could. He sighed, "Is it okay if I say 'No'?" he asked.