Hey Look-The Baddies are gone. Time for new problems! #1

Sophie sat on the couch, tugging at an eyelash anxiously. The whole crew had assembled at Everglen, waiting for the outcome. This was it- this would determine whether their efforts all these past years culminated in a victory or not. They were this close, and the smallest mistake could cost them a lot. Hence, the anxiety.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up, and her eyes fixated upon startling ice blue ones, though at the moment they were clouded over with worry and stress, much like hers.

"Woah there, Foster. You okay? Nah, obviously- who am I kidding? Ya know-"

"Keefe, I know. I'm stressing over it too much and need to relax. I already got that lecture from Biana, Linh and Dex over there."  She looked over to where the three sat, across from her, talking in hushed tones.

"Well, that was not what I was gonna say. I understand completely. Heck, I can literally feel your emotions and let's just say- I'm not a fan of puking."

"Sorry" she mumbled, trying to calm down and stop feeling queasy.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. We already have the leaders and most of the Neverseen members- all thanks to you and of course, my drop-dead gorgeous looks."  He ran a hand through his messy blond hair.

Sophie smiled at the joke. She sighed, "I know, it's just that this final raid at the Neverseen hideouts could go horribly wrong, what with some of their members still around."

" I'm pretty sure we'll capture them along with the hideouts. Not like they have another place to stay. Besides, Gigantor, Ro, Grizel and Bo -huh, that rhymed- have gone there. So, no reason to worry."

"It's not helping that you start quoting Alden, ya know?" she laughed for what was probably the first time that day.

"But it did help. Look at you laughing and smiling all because of the one and only Keefester." He smirked. "We all know you're hopelessly in love with me, Foster"

"Well I-" she was cut off by her imparter ringing. The caller ID showed one name- Mr.Forkle. Everyone stopped what they were doing, looking over at her nervously in anticipation. She locked eyes with Keefe, who promptly took her hand, reassuring her. Hesitating a bit, she answered the call, preparing herself for the worst.

Mr.Forkle's face lit up on the imparter screen. "Miss. Foster, we have good news. The raid went as planned , with only a few minor injuries-which are being fixed right now. All Neverseen members have been captured ; we have located and taken control of all their hideouts. Congratulations to everyone! The Neverseen have finally been defeated. Now, I must contact the Council, and will reach out to all of you later." The imparter screen clicked off.

At first, everyone was too stunned to react. Soon, they realised what had happened and started laughing, talking and embracing one another.

Sophie didn't know what to feel. She was so overjoyed that she sat still, trying to process the words. She did not even realise she was crying happy tears. Finally, she would be able to live without a constant threat on her life.

She only wanted to see one person right now, and when she looked around, her eyes met his- from halfway across the room. Keefe was standing next to Biana, with tears in his own eyes, looking so happy and carefree, it melted her heart. On top of that, he was smiling a real smile, not a smirk, and she couldn't have asked for more.

Something overcame her, and she let it be, too full of emotions , and ran over to Keefe, launching herself into his arms. He hugged her back just as fiercely, and Sophie did not even realise that her feet were off the ground, and Keefe was twirling her around.

What she did notice, however, was a sudden blast of an emotion inside her- so pure, so right, but at the same time so, so, so frightening. Keefe put her down, with an indescribable expression on his face- probably trying to figure out the change in her emotions- when she glanced at him for a second, too flustered to say anything and was thankfully engulfed by her other friends, who saved her from possible humiliation.

What she had just experienced scared her to no extent.

She did not understand how it all had happened.

Had she felt this way always?

That wasn't possible- she would have known otherwise, right?

She hugged and congratulated all the others in a dazed state, too shocked at her recently found out emotions.

She was still trying to comprehend this complex, newly discovered feeling.

Yet, when she glittered back home after a long day, her heart settled in place and there was only one thought running through her mind-

She was in love with Keefe Sencen.

 A/N : Boom! That wraps up chapter 1! Hope you guys enjoyed it. If you did, then please do comment what you liked and where you felt the writing/storyline could have been better. I'll surely take all suggestions into account and incorporate them in my upcoming stories.

Peace out,

~Ana :))