𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

I don't need to be at school to know I'm the most hated person there

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢

It was bad even when I went to school a couple of days ago. My desk was filled with slurs and swear words. Whispers were said as I walked through the hallway... And it's gotten worse from that, according to Beomgyu.

I thought I had nobody before, now it's taken that to the extreme. At least before I had people to talk to. Now I'm just hated by everyone. The worst part about it is how Sunghoon looks at me. Before, our eyes met with pity. But a few days ago, he looked at me with disgust.

I don't even know how everyone believes those rumours. Anyone can forge fake text messages, and many people saw what really happened between Minseo and me at that party. Why has no one spoken up? When did everyone become so gullible?

I'm still trying to figure out a way to make people realize that Minseo and Heejin are the true villains. Not to get my popularity back, I could care less about that. To get Sunghoon back. That's all I want.

I smack my head into the desk, groaning in defeat. I swipe off the countless paper balls of useless ideas off my desk. C'mon, Scarlet! Your parents are world-famous detectives, this should be no problem for you!

Maybe I should think about something positive, like Bighit recruiting me as a producer! They saw the songs I composed and were actually impressed! If I take the job offer, it'll be the best opportunity in my life. I'll be the youngest KPOP producer who will be working with huge names in the industry such as Seventeen, GFRIEND and of course BTS!

But then again, I'm only a second-year high school student. Will I be able to work a full-time job while studying for exams? Is it even legal for high schoolers to work professionally? What if they changed their mind and they don't want me anymore? What if they don't like the work I create and fire me?

I guess if this school and Bighit does me dirty, I can always move back to Switzerland, leaving all my problems behind and starting fresh. Or maybe the States so I can be with my parents while getting the opportunity to improve my English better.

I'm taken out of my train of thought when the doorbell rings. I haven't ordered anything recently, so who could it be? Hopefully not that group of freshmen who egged my door yesterday at night. I spent all morning scraping the egg yolk off so my landlord doesn't murder me.

I look through the peep-hole and see a couple of familiar faces. It was students from my class. I take a deep breath to prepare myself before opening the door. There stood Ningning, Minjeong, Yeonjun and Taehyun. "Hi?" I say confused as their faces looked more happy than angry.

"Oh, Scarlett!" Ningning runs forward, embracing me into a hug. Her freshly dyed red hair emerges into my face, making it impossible to see anything else. but the bright crimson colour. "We missed you so much!" She exclaims, letting go of the hug.

"You did? I thought everyone hated me," I say, letting the classmates inside. My cat immediately runs up to Yeonjun, sniffing his feet. Yeonjun screams. "GET YOUR FUCKING CAT BACK!" He jumps onto the couch, the cat trailing not too far away from him.

I let them sit on the couch, ignoring Yeonjun trying to get the cat away from him. "Some people might hate you, but we know that you'd never do that, Scarlett," Minjeong explains, making my heart do a somersault. It's good to know that people believe you when you're at the lowest point of your life.

"And besides, we always had a thing against Minseo ever since she lied about her chalk allergy," Taehyun says. It was then where I noticed the albino corn snake latching around Taehyun's hand. I wanted to speak up about it but decided it'd be better if I kept my mouth shut.

"Wait, she lied about her chalk allergy?" I ask as they all nod except for Yeonjun who had given up and let the cat sit on his lap. "Yeah, we saw her pick up a piece of chalk and write on the board a month ago. No hives, no nothing." Ningning says.

"Okay, I don't mean to sound rude... But why are you guys here?" I ask in the nicest way possible. They laugh it off. "We all came together and decided it'd be a good idea if we help you get revenge." Minjeong smirks. It was at that moment I realized that she was capable of doing much more than she seemed.

"How, exactly?" I ask, still a little unsure if this will work. Taehyun takes out his laptop and places it on the coffee table between us. "Thankfully, we have a skilled hacker on our hands." Ningning points to Taehyun.

Yeonjun finally speaks after becoming a little warmer to the cat. He strokes the fur as the cat purs. "We think that if we can into Heejin and Minseo's messages, we can expose the truth. We also already have a video taken by a freshman at that party that we can use if this doesn't work."

"You can hack into people's messages? Really?" I ask, intrigued. Taehyun invites me to sit closer to him where he puts the snake into my hands. "Oh, thanks..." I say as the snake crawls around the wrist.

"I've been taken coding classes since I was seven. If I wasn't a master at this already then I would be pretty pissed." Taehyun states blankly, typing quickly. It's almost impossible for me to catch what he's typing.

"This will take a couple of minutes. Maybe even hours. Please occupy yourselves." Taehyun commands. We leave him alone and go to the dinner table where I take out my UNO cards. After a couple of minutes, we were deep in an intense game.

"FUCK YOU, MINJEONG!" Yeonjun yells as Minjeong roars of laughter. Ningning also places down another 4+ as Yeonjun falls to the ground dramatically. we continue laughing at his fortune until Taehyun calls us over. "I'm in." He says, making us run over there and fight for spots on the couch immediately.

There stood text messages between Minseo and another person. Minseo was paypaling the other person $150 to forge some text messages to make me look bad. "Okay, so it was Minseo and Heejin who are behind this. Are we shocked?" Yeonjun says.

"No, you're mistaken. It's not Heejin Minseo is texting." Taehyun corrects him, making the rest of us share confused glances. "If it wasn't Heejin, then who...?" Ningning asks. Taehyun takes a sigh before looking at me. It was written all over his face. Sympathy. This can't be good.

"It was Beomgyu."

⇠┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅⇢