Day Off ― Jamie Oleksiak

Pairing: Jamie Oleksiak x Reader

Words: 1.2k+

Type: Fluff

Warnings: Mentions of work, overworking and awful coworkers.

You stir the food on the pot, over the stove, while scrolling through your phone, staring at the uncountable notifications

You stir the food on the pot, over the stove, while scrolling through your phone, staring at the uncountable notifications. It's unbelievable how even when you're on your day off, your coworkers just don't seem to understand that you're not going to be by your computer today.

You had a horrible past few days at work. Your usual team had been separated to work on all different projects and you were left to deal with complete pumpkin heads. You knew right off the bat, on your first online meeting with them, who you were really going to work with.

It's the type of people that just make others work for them and whenever there's absolutely no one to do it for them, they panic and blame it on others. Lucky for you, you're superior over them in the company, so they can't mess with you - or at least shouldn't. But you've heard a few good stories with their names sprinkled on there and it's not all that pleasant.

Yet that still does not protect you from having to deal with them in this project. Which, by the way, is supposed to be done by thursday, and today's tuesday. You did your part already, but... they're stuck and unable to contact anyone at the office due to it being lunch hours.

Funny how that only happens on your off days, uh?

If they hadn't been such asses with you last week and refused all of your help, you would be, right now, helping them out. No problem. But... no. They should've thought of that before.

Is that a little psycho of you? Sure, but that's what working from home with this type of people does to a person.

If there's anything working from home actually gave you was just a bigger headache and an inhumane way to always exhaust you.

Off days are truly a blessing. Or should be.

You put down your phone over the counter letting out a loud tired sigh with how many notifications you're getting in just a few minutes and stare back at the stove.

They're seriously going to drive you insane.

"Hey." You hear from behind you.

You look over your shoulder and find Jamie walking into the kitchen, wearing this morning's grey hoodie and sweatpants.

"Hi." You say with a small smile.

He walks over to you, sneaky grin over his lips, and when close enough, he plants a kiss on to the top of your head, over your hair.

"What are you making?" He asks as his eyes drift over to the stove.

You follow his gaze and give him a little shrug.