Chapter 2.2

"I'm on my way, see ya later."

Keigo watched as Izuku jumped out of the window, dazed. He couldn't help but frown. Of course he knew Izuku had wings, however, his papa bird instincts ringed in alarm. After all, he wasn't used to seeing his kid jumping out of a window.

After the first moment of shock had passed he shook his head to collect his thoughts. Now, that Izuku was gone, maybe he should finally catch up on his hero work. Even though he had told Izuku he worked no less than before, in truth he had been slacking off for the last few weeks. And he definitely had to do something against it. He was the number two hero, after all.

But how could he not slack off a little? Izuku was his little fledgling, his little nugget, his baby bird, and the truth was that Keigo couldn't imagine his life without him anymore.

Keigo was aware of the fact he wasn't the best cook or the best role model, but he would for sure do his best to be the father Izuku never had. He wasn't certain about what to do or how to act, he had never had a good father nor had he been in the position of one before.

But he would handle it, he would be the best father Izuku could imagine, and together they would be a family they both had never had.

For the first time he didn't feel like something in his life was missing, it felt like the missing piece of all those years was there. Right next to him.

He felt complete, and nothing could shatter this feeling anymore.

After a few seconds of being absorbed in his thoughts he jumped – just like Izuku –out of his window. After stopping by on the floor below to change into his hero gear he did the same move again, landing not far to start his patrol.

It felt good to patrol again. People would wave at him, some asked for a picture and of course he wouldn't reject their hopeful faces.

After a while a call reached him about a hostage incident in a bank.

With an apologetic smile he excused himself and started to said bank.

When he arrived, he saw a tall man, about 6'7, with a black mask. The first thing he noticed was the little girl, captured by the thick arm of the man. A gun was pressed against her temple.

Keigo took a closer look, noticing the slight shaking of the gun. Keigo's appearance had made the villain nervous.

Understandable, after all, he was confronted with the current number two hero. Probably he had expected to be faced with an inexperienced sidekick rather than one of the top heroes.

But all that wasn't actually important. Important was only the fact that the little girl, maybe half as old as Izuku, looked at him with wide, pleading eyes, begging him to get her away from this man. It made Keigo's heart ache.

In an attempt to push the gun away from her head, Keigo sent out a feather. What he didn't expect, though, was the sharp sound of a sword cutting though the air, splitting the feather in midair.

Keigo turned to the side to see a slightly smaller man, a katana in hand. How didn't he notice the man before?

He had to be more careful. He himself might not know the quirks of those villains, but they definitely were aware of what he was capable of. The downside of being a famous top hero.

But he wouldn't be a true pro hero if he only had one trick up his sleeve.

So he switched to something he was really good in; talking. As long as they kept the man talking they wouldn't do anything, and maybe they were distracted enough to not notice his attack. "Why are you doing this?"