Chapter 2.1

A/N: I hope you guys enjoy this new chapter.
TW: Panic attack and minor description of vomiting

Bakugou Katsuki never really was an angry kid.

That was, up until others started praising him for his unique quirk.

That, though, only made him grow confident. The anger issues, on the other hand, came when he started to lose his hearing due to that high praised quirk of his.

It was hard, especially in the beginning. He had to learn sign language and lip-reading, but eventually he managed. The only thing he struggled with was to keep it a secret from his peers. He needed to, though, for otherwise the others would realize how imperfect he actually was. Wouldn't think that he was still strong. Wouldn't believe that he could still become the No. 1 Hero.

His day started as usual; waking up and going out for a run. Afterwards worked out for a little while. Only two months were left, then he could finally leave those middle school extras behind and apply to UA. It wasn't much time, and he wouldn't slack off right before he reached his goal.

Still, he was a bit anxious. He would never show it, of course, but that didn't make the uneasy feeling in his stomach dissipate.

I am not weak. That was his mantra for the last ten years. Ever since his childhood best friend had vanished, he had kept telling himself that he would become stronger than back then. Strong enough to protect. So that this would never happen again.

He couldn't bare the feeling of being weak. Even less, though, he could bare the feeling of being seen as weak. At least he could work on his weaknesses. But what other people thought of him? To change their opinion of him was practically impossible.

So he encouraged the comments on his strong quirk until everyone admired him. The downside, though, was what he hadn't thought of. Over time his hearing worsened and it got harder and harder to keep the act up without anyone knowing. Unconsciously, he put an immense pressure on himself to always be the strongest, the best.

But still, despite of his self-expectations, he sometimes didn't know how he was supposed to be the best if he was partly deaf. No one but his parents and the doctors would ever know about this drawback, not even his teachers. And supposedly, he wouldn't be able to hear anything at all at the age of eighteen if he would use his quirk as much as now. Already, his hearing aids weren't able to fully cover up for the lack of hearing.

But Katsuki had a promise. And he wouldn't break it. It didn't matter if he was deaf or not, he would be the number one hero. And the first step on his way to achieve this goal was to get into UA. The best hero school in whole Japan.

Even though Katsuki was hundred percent certain he would be accepted by UA – he would be the number one after all, and UA would be stupid to not let him in – there was still something that made him restless. Some part of him was missing. He had always wanted to go to UA with Izuku.

Now, he had to be a hero for the both of them.

He didn't know where Izuku was.

He didn't know if Izuku still wanted to be a hero with him.

He didn't know if Izuku still remembered him.

He didn't even know if Izuku was still alive.

So much questions filled his head as anger raised in him. The only solution for him to calm down was to punch something, so that's what he did.

Therefore, he had a punching back in his room.

His room was overall pretty simple. The only special things were a few All Might posters on the wall, he didn't need any other heroes, All Might was the number one so why should he bother with some other heroes that could never compare to him or All Might?