Chapter 1

Christmas 2020

Eddie could not believe his eyes when he arrived at the station on Christmas. He had been so sad that he was going to be away from Christopher. However, when the team arrived, they saw Athena in the loft waiting. When they all walked up the stairs, they were awestruck by the site before them. There was a literal feast on the table and their families were all around. Everything was beautifully decorated and people began embracing one another. Eddie soon spotted his Abuela and Chris and was elated. He then heard Athena mention that it was all Buck's idea and Eddie looked over at his best friend with adornment in his eyes.

Everyone began talking and one by one each team member thanked Buck. Buck was so pleased to make the people (his family) so happy. He was also glad that everything came together well. They all enjoyed a beautiful meal and opened presents.

As the night was coming to a close and their shift was ending, Chris asked his dad if Buck could come over. Eddie of course did not care but he told Chris to ask Buck. Chris walked over to Buck and jumped in his arms. With a lighthearted chuckle, Buck caught his pseudo-son and gave him a hug.

"Me and dad want you to come over tonight." Chris proclaimed.

"Uh... sure buddy" Buck responded.

Buck was curious if it was simply Chris who wanted him to come over, or if it was Eddie as well. He hoped it was Eddie. Buck and Eddie have been friends for a few years now and after Buck's many mishaps with women he realized that he was actually in love with his best friend. Buck came to terms with this slowly, and it was defiantly new for him. He had never loved a man before, but Buck knew his sexuality was fluid and he had no problem with that.

When the shift officially ended, Buck followed Eddie and Chris out after they said goodbye to everyone. They got into their cars and Buck followed Eddie back to his place. It was already pretty late so Buck was not sure how long they would even hang out.

By the time they got to Eddie's house, Chris was already asleep in the car. Eddie was grabbing his bag so Buck picked up Christopher and carried him to the door. Eddie unlocked it and Buck took Chris to his bed and tucked him in. They both gave Chris a kiss goodnight and went back into the TV room.

Buck watched as Eddie sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. After a few seconds he joined him. While Buck's eyes were trained to the TV he could feel Eddie staring at him. He slowly turned with a 'what' expression on his face.

Eddie sighed and opened his mouth to speak but then closed it. Buck was confused but pressed on. He then asked, "Is everything okay Edds?"

"Yea Buck, it's just I want to thank you for tonight." Eddie said. "I mean I cannot believe you did that for everyone." He continued.

Buck just shrugged and mumbled that it wasn't a big deal and turned his head back to the TV. However, before he could sink back into the couch, he felt Eddie's strong hand on his shoulder pulling him back. Buck looked at him again and then looked at his hand on Buck's shoulder.

"I am serious Evan" Eddie said "You're just.... You're amazing. You are the most kind-hearted person I've ever known." Eddie finished.

Buck sucked in a sharp breath at Eddie's kind words and did not fail to notice that Eddie still had his hand on Buck's shoulder.

"Eddie honestly, I just wanted everyone to have a good holiday. I wanted Chris and you to not be sad. I mean you know I love you guys." Buck said.

It was then that Eddie knew this was the time for him to lay it all on the line.

So, he began, "Buck, Evan... I need to tell you something but I don't want to ruin our friendship and if I tell you then well you might never talk to me again. "

Buck just stared intently at him and said, "Edds whatever you need to say just say it. Nothing could change our friendship."

Eddie took a steadying breath and decided it was now or never.

Eddie began to speak quickly almost babbling. "Well, I just, I have these feelings for you. They aren't friendship feelings, they are more. I have had them for a while, but I didn't want to scare you. Buck seriously I tried to make them go away but I just can't and I have to tell you because I need to be honest with me and with you. You deserve to know the truth."

Buck just gaped at him with his mouth open. He could not believe what he was hearing. He has wanted to hear these words for so long but he never thought Eddie would feel the same as him. As Buck was processing, Eddie began to turn away as if to say never mind. Buck realized what he was doing and grabbed his face between both of his hands. He caressed his cheeks with his thumbs and began to lean in. they maintained eye contact as they both eagerly awaited the inevitable kiss.

When their lips finally met it was everything both men had hoped for. They had wanted this so long and it soon intensified. They both began grabbing at each other anywhere they could as they we fully making out now.

They broke apart after some time but maintained eye contact. Buck chuckled quietly and then exclaimed, "I have been wanting to do that for so long Edds. I really like you too."

They both smiled at each other and spent the rest of the night kissing, talking about their newfound relationship, and exploring each other.