Perfection or Happiness

(This one has a one-shot behind it!!! These two are the silver and the red primates from the last drawing! The Long Armed Ape and The Red Bottomed Horse Monkey

(This one has a one-shot behind it!!! These two are the silver and the red primates from the last drawing! The Long Armed Ape and The Red Bottomed Horse Monkey. I created the Long Armed Ape, who is on the right!

His name is Zhihui, and essentially acts like Tripitaka if he wasn't stupid and got kidnapped 100 times, and committed to family more than Buddhism, despite actually being friends with the dude. ((The Journey To The West describes the Long Armed Ape as the most world defying one, so I figured he could do that!))

The one on the right is Jilie, which means fierce in Chinese, I believe! Which describes her perfectly. Like Wukong, she's playful and stubborn, but much more loving due to how she was raised by Zhihui her whole life instead of having no one to guide her.

Jilie is the OC of Eris345. ((The tags don't work, but thankfully, I know she reads this book. XDDD))

Hope I drew her good, buddy!!)

Zhihui was a Buddhist monk...somewhat. He broke some traditions. He couldn't exactly shave himself bald because he would look horrifying, and he couldn't exactly abandon his powers because he was born with them. But, to him, what mattered is what he used them for.

"Sister?" Zhihui asked as he walked through his monastery. "Sister, are you around?" He asked again, speaking with the soft and calm tone he always had.

Ever since he went on a small journey around the north, he came across a similar mountain to the one where he was born. And there? He found his sister. Someone he didn't even know existed until he had climbed the very top of that mountain. And the short seconds he held his baby sister in his arms, he didn't feel like he was the only one of his kind anymore.

Then, breaking him from his thoughts, Zhihui heard sniffling and sobs. His silver eyes widened and he quickly rushed to Jilie's room. Something was wrong! But then, he slowed down. He took a deep breath. He would startle her if he just bursted in. So, he gave a gentle knock. "Jilie? Sister? Is everything alright?"

There was a small gasp. "Z-Zhi...? No wait, hang on! I almost-"

"Can I please come in...? I heard crying." Zhihui said softly.

"I-I wasn't crying!" Jilie said from behind the door before there was silence. She then sniffled again. "P-Please come in..."

Zhihui slowly stepped in before seeing Jilie wiping her eyes, she indeed had been crying. Zhihui walked over and knelt down to his sister's level. He then wiped away her tears. "What is wrong...?"

"I-I...j-just teenage stuff..." Jilie said, hugging herself.

Zhihui's eyes softened even more. "I don't even need an enlightened vision to see that's not it."

"...I-I'm a bad Buddhist...I'm the worst o-one in history..." Jilie whispered, wanting to hug her brother, but felt like she didn't have the right too at the moment.

Zhihui's eyes widened a little more. "What on Earth would make you think that? You have done nothing wrong."

"I...I-I wanna marry one day..." Jilie sniffled. "And Buddhist monks can't m-marry...but I've heard that love is r-really nice.  A-And I want to have a wife one day- I-I mean-"

"You want a wife?" Zhihui asked, holding his sister close.

"Y...Yeah..." Jilie said. "B-But I don't wanna be a bad Buddhist and d-disappoint you..."

Zhihui's smile grew a little and he ruffled his sister's hair. "Oh, little sister. I would NEVER be disappointed in you." He then chuckled. "And I never said that just because you lived with me, you had to accept my religions. You can be whatever you want."

"I-I can?"

"Of course. And would you like to know why Buddhist monks don't marry? It's because they CHOOSE not too. They have a choice. There are even some monks who only spend one year as a Buddhist." Zhihui chuckled. 

"R-Really?" Jilie asked, looking up at her big brother. "B-But what about the 'wife' thing? Y-You're not mad that I don't like boys?"

"Oh, heavens no. I'm actually thrilled." Zhihui snorted. "I won't have to kill a boy then. In my opinion, our gender is rather silly."

Jilie giggled. "You said Buddhists don't kill."

"I'm a pretty bad Buddhist too." Zhihui whispered with a smirk. "I'd attack anyone who hurts my family, and want to know who is my family?"

"Me?" Jilie asked.

Zhihui nodded, hugging his sister. "Yes."

Jilie smiled and hugged back. "Thank you, big brother."

"You're welcome, little sister." He then smiled. "Want to know something else? Something that I want you to know if something like this happens again?"

Jilie looked up at him and tilted her head.

"Perfection? Overrated. No one in the universe is a perfect being, no matter how much they demand to be. However...perfection is always something else in someone's eyes. And many times? People choose happiness over perfection. Always do what makes you happy, little sister."