Chp 13: Weaponized

Stiles wakes up the next morning to silence smiling he stretches out his arms and groans as he hears his joints pop. 

Sitting up he looks around, taking in the sight of Derek's room. He imagines Derek as a child sleeping in a much smaller bed. 

As he stands to his feet he quickly dresses before leaving the room. The images of a younger Derek continue as he pictures Derek sitting at the table with Ma and Pa Hale and his siblings. 

He finds Derek and Talia seated at the kitchen table and bids them a good morning. 

“Their breakfast on the stove, hope you don't mind sausage, eggs, and biscuits,” Talia says with a smile.

“Not at all,” Stiles replies as he grabs a plate and loads it full of food.

Taking a seat next to Derek, he begins to eat.

“So you excited to see where Derek grew up?”

“And get all the amazing baby stories? Duh!” he exclaims causing Talia to smile and Derek to bury his head in his hands.

“Ma...please don't,”

“Has Derek ever told you the story about when he cried because the boys at school told him about Santa Claus not being real?” when Stiles shakes his head Taila scoffs. “He came home in tears that day, just pleading with us to tell him that it wasn’t true and that there was a Santa Claus,”

“I was seven years old Ma, I wanted to believe in something magical,” Derek tries to argue.

Stiles can't help but chuckle lightly around his mouthful of food.

“I think that's cute,” he finally says once he's swallowed his food. “You just wanted to believe in a man in a red suit that brought you presents and flies over the world, nothing wrong with that,” Stiles says, earning a smile from Derek.

“And now I'm the one who flies,”

“I know exactly what I'm dressing you as for Halloween and Christmas now,” Stiles teases. Before turning back to Talia. 

“So how did he take to the news that Santa Claus isn’t real?”