Chp 9: Apologizing

Derek stares down at the Stilinski house for the fourteenth time this week, it became a routine of his. He would wake up every day to fly into the sky and watch over the house of the man he loved...the man he hurt.

Taking a deep breath he slowly descends upon the home until he lands on the back porch.

Lifting his hand he delivers three knocks and waits.

After a moment it opens to reveal Noah who arches a brow at him.

“I...I wanted to come apologize,” he says 

The other man says nothing for a moment before stepping aside and letting him into the home.

“He's up in his room, but mark my words, Derek, if you hurt him again...I don't care if you are the man of steel..I'll break you,”

Derek nods and enters the home.

Noah moves into the kitchen while Derek moves up the stairs. He stands outside Stiles’ room and gently knocks on the door.

A moment later it opens and he is met with Stiles looking absolutely wrecked.

“I…” he begins.

The younger man says nothing for a moment before stepping back and allowing him to enter the room.

Taking a seat on Stiles’ bed he stares down at his hands.

“I'm sorry for snapping you,” Derek says.

“I know you were trying to look out for me and that you don't trust Gerard I just…” he pauses as the tears begin falling.

“I know how much of a dangerous man Gerard is and I'm afraid that he will find out about you and hurt you, Stiles.” he finally looks up to find Stiles watching him.

“I love you too much to see anything happen to you,”

Stiles for a moment says nothing before nodding.

“I know you care for me Derek, but just because you are afraid, you can't shut me out or push me away and snap at me,”

Derek hangs his head and nods.

“I know.”

“No, you don't know Derek,” Stiles insists.