Frosty Winter

Komi is seen sitting next to her father at the dinner table, her father was reading the newspaper. "Sweeet potatoes!"

A man outside called as Komi was interested, but was fidgety. Her father slipped her some money. "!"

Komi got on a jacket and rushed out the door, she quickly looked for the van as she saw it down the road. The kind old man thought he saw a ghost when he only saw the large eyes. He stopped and saw it was just a girl, and not a ghost. Komi got tired from running as the old man wanted to know if she wanted a sweet potato, but Komi unintentionally shakes her head sideways. The old man drove on as Komi started to panic, not knowing why she shook her head. She tried to follow the man, but when he went to look at her, she looked away. A red light, green light situation. The old man eventually got out and wanted to know how many she wanted. She first raised one finger, then two, then all five. Komi properly paid and wonder if five was too much... humming a tune that Y/n was the other day. The cold wind blew across her face but her steamy potatos made it all better.

Earlier, Y/n was seen at a restaurant, but it wasn't really a restaurant, it was more like a fast food place. Y/n looked at his friend, "So you got stuck with the late shift, Kana?"

"Yep, this Ichikawa's not a too used to this yet." Kana said as she looked at Y/n, who started to walk home. "You sure you gonna be okay by yourself?"

"Hm, yeah, I think I'll manage. After all, it's no fun if I after pretend to be weaker than I am outside of school. I get to let lose and show off my own fitness. Don't worry about me." Y/n said as he waved goodbye. He then started to run super fast and in a quick manner, thinking to himself. "Hard to think just a couple years back I was silent as Komi. Should I tell her that...no...she probably remembers from long ago."

"!" Komi saw Y/n as they walked pass each other.

"Hm? Oh, evenin' Shouko. What are you doing out here this late?" Y/n asked with a smile and his hands on his pockets. Komi looked at him, before then looking at her own clothes, covering her face in embarrassment with the bag. "Mmm, that smells good. Sweet potatoes are nice, but it's getting darker. We should probably walk you home."

"!" Komi shook her head.

"Oh, you don't want me to come?" Y/n asked as Komi shook her head but nodded as well, confused. "It's alright, I understand. I should invite her to hang out, I've got nothing planned over winter break...I like hanging out with Shouko... AS..as what though...WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT!? DON'T OVER THINK THIS!! But...if I do invite her, I'd have to make sure I plan everything."

There was a silence before Y/n started to walk away, "alright then, I'll see you later. GAH-! SAY IT BEFORE YOU GET TOO FAR!!"

Komi pulled on his jacket as he turned around, looking to see a sweet potato wrapped up. She put it in Y/n's hand, "oh, you're giving me one. Thanks, I'll make sure to enjoy it."

Y/n then feels the warm and blushes a bit. "Hey...let's hang out sometime over winter break. I don't mind if it's just the two of us either."

Komi nodded as Y/n smiled, turning around again. "Alright, thanks for the potato. I'll catch you later!"

And so winter break began.

—————

Communication Disorder.

December 24th, Christmas Eve

A day when everyone would get excited partying with their lovers, families, and close friends.