Chapter 25

It didn’t take me long to set my plan of vengeance in motion and already the pieces of the plan were falling in place. The rage grew in me by the second as the dark thoughts swirled around. Why had the leadership of the Yakuza remained so damn silent? There had not been as much as a word spoken or a meeting called by them. Were they truly so afraid of Natalov that they would cower like frightened children in a corner? Surely there would have to be payback for the atrocity the Russian committed on the Rainbow Bridge and blood would be the only currency that would settle the debt. I saw no other outcome than that but it did not matter in the end, I would take down Natalov myself and show these cowards what real strength and courage was. It was only a matter of time before the Russian would be crawling at my feet, begging for mercy.

Arrogance.

It wasn’t hard to find out the location of Natalov’s dacha. Everyone in the Yakuza brotherhood knew where it was but I could see the fear in their eyes when I asked about it. They simply shook their heads and tried to walk away. I had to beat it out of a junior member but I got the information I wanted. The Russian’s villa was only a few miles away on the far outskirts of Tokyo and was within easy reach. The arrogance of the fat pig astounded me and that he had the balls to set up camp right under the noses of the Yakuza organization. Yet, they did nothing but fold their hands and let this fucking animal run free and do as he pleases. No, I would make sure that shit stopped tonight. Cleaning the Berretta for what felt like the hundredth time, the thought crossed my mind that I should have recruited a few men as back up or at least taken more weapons with me. No, the spineless punks would just slow me and down and besides, I needed nothing more than the black pistol and the Gauntlet on my arm. We would make short work of Natalov and his thugs. The Bratva would fall under the hail of my bullets till there was none left alive. 

Anger.

Adelmar and I left for the dacha the next evening, hiring a private car to take us there. The driver had been paid well not to ask questions but his eyes widened in the rear view mirror as the white girl and her massive pet wolf climbed into the back. He mumbled something intelligible in Japanese but said nothing further as the car set off. The multi coloured neon lights of the Tokyo night life ran tracer like over my face as I stared out of the window at the buildings flashing past me. Try as I might, my mind would not settle down and become at ease. The thoughts of war, murder and death danced at the bloody edges of my sub consciousness, never letting go, never letting me rest even for a moment. All I could see in my mind’s eye was the fractured and broken body of Natalov before me, begging for his life. His death would not come easy and I swore I would make him feel every subtle nuance of pain imaginable. And then, when it was all over, his remains would be dumped at the feet of my masters and they would finally embrace me as one of their own.

Pride 

The driver stopped a few miles away from the dacha an hour later and refused to go any further. His once calm demeanour had cracked as he waved his arms wildly for us to get out. He knew exactly where he had taken us and he wanted nothing of it. Without a word, we exited the car and watched with grim fascination as he raced away into the night, leaving us behind in the still country side. The sun had just crept over the horizon and the night’s blackened fingers were closing in around us. 

“You ready for this boy?” I asked Adelmar and watched as the wolf lazily stretched himself out. He groaned and flexed his muscles but I knew my companion was ready for war. Without much further ado, we set off cross country to the dacha. It was a cool summer evening and the world felt alive around us with only the slightest of winds blowing at our backs. Luckily, I had memorized the map before hand, making sure of our direction. But my worries were misplaced as we soon saw the palatial structure lit up in the distance. It sat wart like on the country side, a big fuck you to anyone that dared approach it. Moving silently, we crept closer to the edge of the property. Stopping at the tree line, I carefully took in the surroundings. The only sign of outside security were four sentry towers with spot lights on the corner of the property.