A Potion Shop

Hi! Umm before I forget to put a warning on this. This had major character death, also loosely based on the witch trials,

Draco's a potion shop owner and, Harry was someone sent to find and destroy the shop. Harry found that magic wasn't what he thought it was. He learned that he also had the gift of magic, as Draco called it. At first, Harry was distraught and frankly scared. After many sleepless nights wondering what to do about his newfound knowledge, Harry returned to Draco's shop, ready to learn. He never saw how useful it could be or how splendid it looked, or how enchanting it felt to use it. Right after Harry cast his first spell, Draco began to chuckling. He later said it was the pure happiness in Harry's smile.

Little things like Draco showing him how to brew without getting mad or upset about Harry not doing it right the first time made Harry fall in love with him more and more, even though he didn't know what he was feeling at the time.

"Now gently pour it in," Draco said while guiding Harry's shakey hands to the half-done potion. "Careful." Draco slowly released his hands, letting Harry pour the liquid in. Harry let his nerves get to him. Soon the bottle with all its contents fell into the cauldron. Harry, not being as experienced in spells and magic as Draco, runs to him. Draco quickly shields them in a Protego. The stuff in the pot promptly boils over and gets everywhere. It takes them a few minutes to register what happened. When it does sink in for Harry, he immediately started apologising. "I'm so sorry!" Draco, who is not angry, starts laughing. "I made the same mistake when I was younger and still learning!" Harry suddenly felt all the embarrassment turn into something warm and comforting. He would think about it later and started laughing with Draco.

The moment Harry figured out what he had been feeling for Draco was when he was selling potions with him. He had, unintentionally, became a sort of the second owner after almost half a year of Draco helping him learn about magic. Of course, Harry never brewed the potions on his own. He did, however, start selling them in the store while Draco was busy making more. Although most of the time, they did everything together.

"This one-" Draco pointed to a vile with a blue-ish grey potion inside. "-can only be taken in the evening. Of course, all the instructions are on the bottles, be sure to read them before using any." He handed said vile over to Harry for him to package them. They had developed a pleasant system, while it did take a while to figure out it worked. Harry would greet people and help them find the potion they were looking for. If the customer didn't know what they wanted, he would direct them toward Draco. Once they were finished shopping, Draco and Harry would lead them toward a counter where Draco would explain each potion in detail while Harry packaged them to look inconspicuous. Muggles were getting increasingly scared about magic. People, who were found practising it, were put on trial. Most were burned alive to pay for their "crimes". While Draco was handing Harry the vile, they caught each other's eyes. It may have only been for a second, but Harry finally realized the feeling. Love. Harry blushed while starting to wrap the vile in the same paper they put bread in. The thought of Draco feeling the same was ridiculous... Right?

After Harry's realization, he kept quiet. Too afraid to tell the other man. He didn't want to ruin what they have. He would simply have to endure it till it went away. His thoughts on the matter stayed the same until the two year anniversary of Harry discovery of his own magic.

"Harry!" Draco had his hands behinds his back as if he hiding something. The last customer of the day had just left and, it was Harry's day for closing up. Normally they would do it together. But they did have a schedule in place if one of them were exhausted. Draco had gone upstairs earlier stating, he was tired. Harry was surprised, to say the least. He had yelped, jumped back into one of the displays. Luckily it was empty due to them hiding the potions at night. "Draco. Oh my! I thought you had gone to bed?" Harry brought the oil lamp he was using to see over to them to look at Draco closer. He gave him a questioning look. Draco looks quite sheepish and out of his regularly formal persona. "I didn't mean to scare you." Draco brought his hand from out and showed Harry what he had been hiding. With a gentle smile, he started to explain his gift. "I know you mentioned once that you liked lilies and today is your anniversary for discovering the wonders of magic. I thought you might like this." He hands him a gorgeous moon lily. Harry gasped and dropped the broom he had been holding. Moon lilies were notoriously tricky to find and, to grow one is near impossible. So to finding one is like Harry brewing a perfect potion without Draco's help, forget finding one in full bloom... And somehow Draco had done both.

At that moment, Harry thought of his choice to stay silent about his feelings. He couldn't accept another "best friend" gift. Harry couldn't take it anymore. He retracted his hands, leaving the flower in Draco's.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore." He said while walking upstairs to pack up his stuff, he had become Draco's roommate. At first, it was until Harry found a new place a year ago, but he stayed. Draco came running up after him only to see Harry packing his stuff away into a box. "What-" Harry walked towards him, his crate full of stuff, still on his, or now Draco's bed. "I'm sorry. I can't keep ignoring my feelings and, I can't stand them." He paused, trying to form the right words. "I love you Draco, more than a friend should. And I know you will never feel the same and maybe one day, I can be your friend again but for now, it's too much." He cupped Draco's cheek in his hand and lightly kissed it. "I'm sorry," he said while turning to pack more of his stuff.

Harry didn't see the blush form on Draco's cheeks when he kissed him. His heart, taking over his body, Draco finally says something, "W-wait!" He reaches out, grabs Harry's wrist and pulls him closer. "Whoever said I didn't like you the same way?" Draco captured Harry's lips. Harry melted into the kiss, tears starting to fall. Draco breaks the kiss, "Are you still leaving?" "No." "Good," Draco wraps his arms around Harry and, they stay like that. Enjoying each other's company.

Their joy could be felt as you entered the shop and even in some of the potions. The overwhelming feeling of support and love you felt as you entered the small store was helpful for many magical people. The world had not been kind to them. Especially the younger children that had been bullied and teased for being "freaky". Non-magical parents started to abandon their kids if they showed any sign of being a "freak".

Harry and Draco's comforting little shop had attracted quite the loyal customer base. People started to frequent more and more. It also started catching the attention of dangerous people.

"Draco! We need to brew more Everklena." Harry quickly pecked Draco's lips and continued to help one of their regulars. Nancy had caused quite a bit of chaos the first time she entered the store. Nancy had been looking for a potion that had to be specially brewed. She had misheard what they said, thinking that it would take a little over 3 months to get it. She stated that she could probably brew one in 30 minutes if only she had the right equipment. Draco, wanting to uphold his honour of being the best brewer in the town, agreed to her challenge. Long story short, Draco lost, Nancy won and, she's been coming around regularly for the last 4 months. Don't get me wrong, Nancy is a sweet witch. But she is a straightforward person and doesn't try to conceal what she thinks or feels about something. Harry and Draco were helping her check out when someone burst through the door. Thinking it was a frantic customer that forgot to read the label on a potion, Harry yelled, "I'll with you in a second!" When Harry looked up from the potion he was holding, he saw three men holding guns. Harry's eyes went wide, the potion dropped from his hands onto the floor, breaking. Harry could hear screams and shots being fired, but he needed to find Draco. Once Harry spotted him amongst the 10 or so people in their little shop, he tackled him to the ground. Draco looked to Harry with sorrowful eyes, already knowing what this meant. They quickly ran out the backdoor into the forest. Draco gripped Harry's hand tighter as they went further into the thickening brush. They got to what seemed to be a little clearing in the middle of the forest and stop for quick rest. Both of them let the tears they were holding in loose. "I-" Harry tried to talk after he stopped crying, but the words wouldn't form. Harry looked at Draco. He understood what he was feeling, the strange mixture of mourning, guilt, and relief. They hurriedly wiped their tears and got up. There was no time to sit and mourn or cry. The men probably saw the door wide open and know where they are. They have to leave.

Harry and Draco tried to start a new life 5 towns away from the one... They tried not to think about it. Still, they hear the other cry at night in their arms. Their life as muggles was going well. People were kind and, the baker had taken a liking to them. He gave out a free loaf to them every now and then. Their life was going swimmingly.

Somehow the men found them again.

Draco and Harry fought the men off. Even if they were captured, they still struggled in hopes that maybe, just maybe, they could get free. The last Harry remembered hearing Draco say was, "I'll see you again! I promise! I'll get us out!" And the last thing he felt was a warmness surrounding him.