Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Later that evening, I found myself standing in front of the mirror in my bedroom, taking in my appearance. I was wearing a black sweatshirt and a pair of light blue jeans. I had also styled my hair up in a quiff because I thought I might as well put a little effort into my looks when I would meet the boys, especially Harry.

 I had also styled my hair up in a quiff because I thought I might as well put a little effort into my looks when I would meet the boys, especially Harry

Pursing my lips, I turned around to look at my back, deciding that it would have to do. I then went downstairs, noticing that Clifford was lying in his bed on my way to the hallway, his head perking up as I walked by him. "I'll be home soon. I promise, Cliff," I said, sending him a smile before continuing to the hallway.

Once I had shrugged on my red Adidas jacket and my black Vans, I headed outside. Unfortunately, it was raining, so I sprinted to my car and quickly got into my black Audi after locking the front door behind me. I was aware that I would probably drink alcohol tonight, so I would have to leave my car at Liam's place, but I was positive he wouldn't mind.

The drive to his place didn't take too long. It was located pretty close to my and Harry's old house, the one he still lived in, so it only lasted for about twenty minutes. Once I was outside his gate, I punched in the code he had told me when he moved here before parking my car in his driveway.

I wasn't sure if Harry and Niall had taken a cab or if Harry had walked the small distance, but their cars were nowhere to be seen. I could also be the first to arrive, but I was running a bit late, so I was pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Getting out of the car, I jogged over to the front door of Liam's white house, which was almost as big as mine. I rang the bell once before opening the door, not bothering to wait for him to open it for me. "Hello?" I called out once I was inside, taking off my jacket.

A few seconds later, Liam showed up, wearing a white button-up and a pair of black dress pants. His lips twitched as he caught sight of me, and he didn't hesitate to walk over and bring me into a hug, squeezing me tightly against his frame. "It's so nice to see you again, Tommo," he greeted once he had pulled away, his brown eyes twinkling from the lights in the room.

"You too, Liam. How have you been?" I asked, toeing off my Vans. It was then I noticed two other pairs of shoes I was pretty confident weren't Liam's, so Niall and Harry must already be here.

"I've been great, thanks. What about you? How's the show going?" He wondered, looking at me curiously.

Grimacing, I thought of what happened last weekend. "I lost one of the groups last week, but other than that, it's been great. They're all very motivated, which makes it easy to work with them," I explained.

He nodded. "Yeah, I saw that. It's a piss-take that they had to leave, but I'm sure you'll keep the other two groups in the competition for a while. They're amazing, and they were already from the beginning."

"I hope so," I smiled, suddenly hearing a loud bark of laughter coming from the living room. I had heard it so many times in the past that it was easy for me to tell it belonged to Niall. You could never not identify his laugh.