Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The days flew by after that, and before we knew it, it was our last day of the audition tour. We were currently heading to Dublin, sitting in a cab that was taking us directly to the stadium. Since there were only four empty seats in the vehicle, Patrick had to ride with the other crew members.

The last four days had been pretty calm and quiet. No arguments had unfolded between either of us, not even between me and Nick. And the only thing I had acknowledged from Harry was that he still seemed sad. He had also kept humming words that I was now pretty sure were lyrics to a song he was working on.

Judging by the sound of it, I was positive it was a personal one, and if his demeanor was anything to go by, it only added to my assumption. I hadn't heard much of the lyrics, though, only those few sentences in Leeds, although the walls were pretty thin in every hotel we had stayed at. Still, I kept pressing my ear against it every time I heard him sing since I couldn't help but be curious what the song was about, even if it were mostly to no avail.

It was crazy thinking that it had only been two weeks since we began this journey. It felt like months ago, mostly because more things had happened during this short time than what had happened the last year of my life. It was pretty sad now that I thought about it, but I wasn't complaining. I hadn't missed the drama. If I were honest, that was one of the best things about the band taking a break.

"We're here," the driver announced, pulling over outside the stadium.

I had been leaning against the window with my eyes closed, but I sat up straight in my seat at the sound of the man's voice. It was almost two in the afternoon, yet it felt like it was morning because it was so dark outside, all thanks to the grey clouds layering the sky.

Letting out a loud yawn, I rubbed my eyes before finally getting out of the car along with the other guys. All of our bags had barely fit into the trunk, but somehow, the driver had managed to squeeze them all in... Or, all of them except one of Harry's two suitcases. He'd had to place it at his feet in the car.

I grabbed my suitcase first, placing it on the ground before walking towards the stadium entrance. That was until I was stopped in my tracks by someone calling my name, making my body freeze.

"Louis."

Turning around, I could feel my mouth dropping at the sight of Harry standing there, his hand extended with my baby blue pillow in his hand. He wasn't looking at me, though. Instead, his eyes were fixated on something to his right, his brows furrowed.

"Thanks," I mumbled, grabbing the pillow quickly before turning around.

My heart was beating frantically, my knees feeling weak. It felt like I was dreaming. Had he actually just been nice to me? It felt surreal. Besides, he had said my name again. It was the second time he had done so in two years, and I was just as affected by it this time as I was at the spa. It was embarrassing that he still had this effect on me, especially considering what we had been through.

It turned out that a few fans were waiting for us outside the entrance. They must have seen us arrive at the airport because I was pretty sure no one except the contestants knew that we would be here today. Or, the contestants had spilled the information to their friends. That could also be it.

We stopped to take a few pictures with them and sign some autographs before eventually heading into the stadium. Thankfully, Patrick was there to guide us to the dressing room, which seemed to be located on the other side of the place because it felt like ages until we eventually walked into the room where our stylists were waiting for us.