•Chapter 11•

"So these things are called... Chimichangas, right? " I ask in a confused tone. These were by far the weirdest named food item I had ever heard of.

"Yup! There soooo good. Try them! " Deadpool grinned. I took a sniff before pulling up my mask.

"Where did you even get these? " I mumble under my breath.

He giggled, swinging his legs off the roof to enjoy his chimichanga.
"A man never reveals his secrets! "

I roll my eyes even though I know he can't see it before taking a bite.

My teeth sink through the outer shell and into a delicious filling. The spices took over my senses with such a bold flavor. Tender chicken coated in a perfect sauce. The deep-fried burrito amazed me with its wonderful flavor combinations. A hint of lime, spice, and everything nice.

In no time I was left with just the wrapper, surprised I ate the whole thing with no trouble. No nausea, no nothing.

"There sooooo good, right? " Deadpool happily sighed, patting his belly. Then he quirked his eyebrows at me, slowly grinning mischievously. " It just fills your insides up like-"

I covered his mouth before he could say another thing. "Deadpool! This is not the book for...that... " I slowly drones off, acutely aware of my hand. The rough texture of his skin surprised me. My fingers ran down to his jaw, getting a better look at his revealed skin.

His face was wrinkled and scarred, similar too an Avocados skin. Deadpool pulled away, pulling his mask back down over the lower half of his face.

"I know. I'm ugly. No, I'm fugly. I bet you're disgusted. " He sounded like a deflated balloon. I shook out of my trance and shook my head furiously.

"You don't. You're... Beautiful actually. Well not beautiful, handsome? Your scars aren't scary nor ugly. I think scars are proof that you've gotten past many hardships and that you're still fighting. That you have a strong will and you won't give up easily. And that, " I pause, letting out a breath. " Is admirable. "

Deadpool stared at me for a moment and for one moment, I could see a glimpse of the broken man underneath. He shook his head and smiled.
"You really are-" The sound of sirens blocked what Deadpool said next.

We both whip around, eyes following the police car. "Well, I guess we gotta go. You follow it while I am going to talk to the police officer. Toodles! "

I jump off the building backwards and swung up to the police car. The passenger window was open so I slung into the seat. The cop, Larray, (I read his name tag) looked surprised and the vehicle swerved before he gained control again.

"What's up doc? Whats kicking? "
The flustered police looked at me briefly, making it quite obvious that he was a fan. "A group of-"

"No way! Wait a minute, I recognize you! You were that cop last month that I saw twerking at a crime scene cause someone bet you! Oh my gosh, hahahaha! " I giggled. The officer flushed a bright red, probably regreting life decisions.

"That isn't the problem! There's a robbery at the bank! Some group of people are holding the people inside hostage while the grab the money. " He muttered. We made an ubrupt turn left and I almost flew out the seat.

"This is why you wear seatbelts kids." I grumble as I buckle in. Larry stole a glance at me."
Who are you talking to? " He asked, clearly confused. I shrug, letting him figure it out himself.

We pull up to the bank. Police in heavy gear hide behind barricades, guns ready and trained on the door.
Swiftly leaping out of the car, I join the chief at the van. Deadpool was nowhere to be seen.

"How's it going chief? " I ask, eyeing the equipment.

She turned towards me with somber expression. "Not good spiderman. We managed to get a camera inside.

"There are sixteen hostages including seven employees, eight adults, and one child. The group behind the bank robbery in progress has 9 members all wearing black clothing and bandanas. We're trying to get our SWAT team together but they're busy."

The chief sighed, stress and sleep deprivation evident on her face. The crime rates had been going up and the chief had to deal with the security of this city when I wasn't around.

"Don't worry, I've got it. In fact, I brought a partner! " I said. Turning around, I spot a painting deadpool running towards us. The police immediately whipped out their guns, ready to fire at the anti-hero.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't shoot guys! I know he's done some bad things but I'm trying to change that. He's trying to change that. " I give Deadpool a pointed look. He shrugged. He really wasn't helping.

"Woah, woah, woah, let's not get too trigger happy now. This isn't the threat right now. I'm going to need him. " I shouted, jumping in front of deadpool with my arms outstretched.

Everyone stood tense, fingers on the trigger-not that shooting deadpool would do anything. Finally the chief lowered her gun, signalling the officers to lower theirs as well.

"Hurry."

Sorry for taking the summer off guys. I wasn't in a good mental place and couldn't do anything. Now that school has started I may not be able to update often but I will try! Pleaseee forgive me guys😭😭😭 don't worry, I will not be discontinuing my book. Love ya😊