Chapter 5

"It's Christmas and you two are sitting here plotting revenge." Toby said shaking his head like he was disappointed but I could tell he was amused by our ingenuity.

"Okay, how about this," Kayla began taking the candy cane she stole from my tree out of her mouth, "I pretend to forgive him and we get back together."

I gave her a skeptical look but she just grinned like what she was going to say was brilliant.

"I make life hell for him for a while saying that he needs to make it up to me. And right before he breaks, he catches me with another guy... in his bed!" She cackled at her own plan and I bit my lip suppressing a laugh. She was crazy.

"As funny as his reaction would be, I don't think that would be a good idea. Do you want to be known as the crazy girlfriend who cheated on his boyfriend?" I advised. I knew she needed to do something in order to get over her betrayal but sometimes she could go overboard.

"Ugh, well what am I supposed to do? Go back with a new boyfriend to make him jealous? That is so boring and see-through. I need to embarrass the bastard and make him regret even looking at another girl!"

"I'm no expert in revenge but I know what embarrasses guys, since I am one and all." Toby said.

"Speak up if you've got an idea, Billie Joe Armstrong." Kayla said flicking her candy cane in his direction.

"Instead of going back with a new boyfriend, go back with a new girlfriend. He'll be jealous and shocked that you started dating a girl."

Kayla was silent for a minute, thinking it over before she burst out with excitement, "That's brilliant!"

Toby smiled, proud to come up with a great idea but I wasn't so sure about it.

"Yeah, but everyone is going to think she is a lesbian or bi, which she's not."

"So, what's wrong with that?"

"Obviously, nothing. But she's pretending to be a part of a community she's not in." I explained.

"But It's perfect!" Kayla agreed, "When I see him again, I'll have my fake girlfriend come and I'll be so casual and introduce them. He won't believe it but I'll keep it going and bump into him all the time with her. I know his schedule so it won't be hard."

"Plus," she added, "I'm an ally so that makes me part of the community."

"You seem to have it all planned out then, Kayla. But where are you going to find this fake girlfriend that will be able to put up with you?" I wondered.

She smiled her evil smile at me and I knew that her quickly formulated plan was going to have to go under extensive reviewing because there was no way I was going to go along with whatever she was thinking.

"Oh, hell no." I shook my head at her showing her my refusal.

Toby, who catches on quickly, laughed, "Please. I would love to see that."

"No!" I exclaimed, frowning at him for encouraging Kayla.

"Michelle, come on. You know that you would be the best person to do this. You've met him before and he knows that we've been friends for a while. It wouldn't be that crazy if we had hidden feelings for each other," she said in a fake loving voice.

"Trust me; I don't have any hidden feelings for you. Especially right now. I actually think that because we're friends he wouldn't believe it. It would be more obvious that this is just for revenge."

"Sweetie, you give him more credit than he deserves. He's not that smart to figure something like that out. If he sees us together acting all lovey-dovey and holding hands, he'll believe it and be furious. It really is the perfect plan."