Chapter 32: Some Kind Of Wonderful

Chase and I spent the next few hours snuggling in the couch and making out. I forgot the fact that I was tired because every single time his lips met mine, I felt a renewal of energy. Every touch made my skin crawl in excitement, every kiss sending my mind and heart into overdrive.

I had no idea how long I've been waiting for this moment to happen because from the way I responded to Chase, I was definitely feeling the fire in my belly.

The passion, the fervor, the desire... I could feel it all.

It was the best feeling ever.

"You're so irresistible," he murmured against my lips as he once again kissed me. I think my lips were already swollen from the amount of making out we've been doing. But neither of us was relenting, neither of us wanted to stop.

It was until I felt Chase Junior protruding against my stomach when I decided to pull away from him. From the looks of it, it was safe to say that things were starting to heat up. And I'm pretty sure it would've caused a big fire hadn't I stopped.

"It's getting late," I said, standing on my feet. I caught sight of my appearance on the mirror hanging on the wall and immediately blushed when I realized how messy I looked. My clothes were crinkled, my hair was disheveled, my cheeks were flushed red.

"You look like a hot mess," Chase suddenly said, snapping me out of my thoughts. After realizing what he just said, I turned redder, if that was even possible. "Although I would like it better if we carry on where we left..."

"Shut it," I told him. He simply chuckled at my discomfort. I know that we've now admitted into liking each other but it still feels weird to think that I've just made out with him for the past few hours. "I think we should go to bed now."

"Gladly, sweetheart."

"Don't even start on me," I said, slapping his arm playfully. "You and your cheeky one-liners."

Although I would admit that his suggestion was quite tempting.. Except my mom would kill me if she finds out -

"Oh my God!" I blurted out.

Chase stood from his seat, sounding alarmed. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Holy cow, I can't believe I've been utterly careless! It slipped my mind that my mom could've easily went down and see Chase and me all cuddled up with each other. She would've killed me if she's seen what we've been doing.

Damn it.

"Mom!" I said to him like that explained everything.

Chase looked at me, confused. "What about your mom?"

"She's upstairs, right? What if she went down and saw us -"

I was cut off with Chase's amused laugh. "Geez. Chill, Carli. She went out with some friends from work. She said she'll be home tomorrow."

A surge of relief coursed through me. "Why didn't you tell me beforehand? I was about to have a coronary right there."

He just rolled his eyes. "You didn't give me enough time. First you were so angry at me then you're all over me the next second."

"Hey!" I hit his arm. "You were the one who kissed me, mister."

"Who cares," he muttered and pulled me into another kiss.

His one hand cupped my cheek and the other grazed my bare shoulders. My skin tingled at the contact, my knees wobbling at every touch. I brushed my hand through his already messy hair and rested the other one on top of his stomach. I can feel his muscles hardening under my touch and to know that I also had an effect on him made my brain all fuzzy and stuff. His hands moved to my waist, pulling me closer to him till we're hard-pressed against each other. He was kissing me so passionately, making it hard for me to pull away from him. Suddenly, a rush of excitement coursed through my veins, sending shivers down my spine. The feeling was so magical I couldn't believe it was actually real..

"Seriously though," I murmured against his lips. "We really need to stop right now. It's really, really late."

Chase frowned. "Aw, but I still can't get enough of you," he whined but relented anyway. The two of us headed upstairs and I was more than surprised to see him still following me into my room.

"Uh, excuse me sir, but your room is that way," I told him teasingly.

He simply shrugged and slumped his body on my bed. "I know, but I want to sleep here tonight."

"Then where will I sleep?" I asked him, even though I fully know what he's trying to insinuate.

He winked at me cheekily before patting the space beside him. "We can always share."

"Nuh-uh," I said, walking over and pulling him out of my bed. "No can do, mister. You're sleeping in your own room."

"But my house is too far away."

I rolled my eyes. What a clever boy. "You know exactly what I mean. Now go get up and move."

Instead of doing what I told him to do, he turned his head and lied face-first against my pillow, then pulled my blanket over him.

I smacked my face in exasperation. The guy was so stubborn for his own good. "I'm just gonna take a shower, okay? I better not see you on my bed anymore when I'm done or else..." I trailed off and went to the bathroom to clean up.

After changing into a pair of flannel pajamas, I went back to my room only to see Chase still sprawled across my bed.

"Hey, get off of my bed. Go sleep on your own bed, you lazy bum."

To my surprise, he simply pulled me by the arm and enclosed me in a hug. He pulled me closer towards him and lifted my legs from the floor so that I was lying beside him. "Much better," he mumbled.

At that moment, I was so sure that even the ends of my hair were blushing. Here I was, lying in bed with the most popular guy in school, his arms wrapped around my torso, his legs dangling over me.

"Oh my goodness Nicholas Chase Hayden, you are so clingy," I teased despite the fuzzy feeling in my gut. I literally have no idea on how to react to situations like this.

And to say that I've been adamant on making him leave a couple of seconds ago.

"Hmm," he mumbled against my hair. "You love me anyway."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do," he said, yawning as he did so. "Now go to sleep."

The proximity gave me a chance to examine his face closely. Every part of him was flawless. I still don't understand how someone as perfect as him could fall in love with an ordinary girl like me. It's so corny to think how two polar opposites could gravitate towards each other despite the massive differences.

If this was a couple of months ago, I would've laughed at the mere thought.

It's just funny how things have turned out. Last few weeks had been full of non-ending drama. Never would've I thought it would result to this. It's as if my life was one big soap opera with unexpected plot twists every now and then.

But the best plot twist that ever happened to me is Chase.

All this time, he'd been feeling the same way about me. Had I realized it earlier, things would've been entirely different for us. Nevertheless, I'm happy that I've finally seen the truth.

The truth that I was in love with the guy who constantly annoyed me to no end to the extent that I would pull out my hair and question my existence.

It may seem irrational that I'm already in love with him even though it's only been a while since I got out of a relationship but the thing is, the feeling was already there a long time ago. It just needed the perfect time and moment to be awakened and this was it.

Yawning, I snuggled closer to Chase and wrapped my arms around him in return. He smelled so good that I couldn't help but lean closer and breathe him in. I can hear the sound of his heartbeat and for some weird reason, it relaxed me.

I know that we were quite rushing things but I seriously didn't care. All I know is that I'm in love and that's the only important thing right now. With Chase, I was feeling some kind of wonderful and I intend to leave it that way.

I'm feeling so happy because of your comments that's why I updated early. Anyhow I hope u liked this non-filler kind of filler. So yeah, vote, comment, follow if you haven't yet and share! ♥ you.