Chapter 9 : Death-note?

Emery

"Thank you for the dinner, Amelia. And sorry for vanishing all the pasta, it was so freaking delicious that I just can't stop licking my fingers now. Trust me; it was the best pasta I have ever had till now. All veggies and pasta were cooked so perfectly, how do you even do that? And, don't even get me started with the Arrabiata sauce, It was-" I was blabbering on and on about this heavenly pasta until this cocky boy siting across me opened his mouth and dragged me out of my short and sweet reverie.

Why boy?

"In short, she loved your pasta, Mom." Finn rolled his eyes, searching a brain in the back of his hollow head.

"Oh yeah. Right. Sorry I just got excited." I smiled sheepishly and eyed my empty plate, hoping that pasta will appear magically.

"Haha, Thank you, Emery. You can come over whenever you wanna eat pasta again" Amelia's beautiful laugh filled in the living room. She patted my head like I'm a cute little puppy and walked towards the kitchen.

"How about- I live here from today onwards." She stopped and gave me the widest grin with thumbs up.

"A big 'No' from me, I ain't gonna share any more of my kit Kats." Finn got up from the chair, his deathful gaze never leaving mine.

He is kinda pissed because Amelia gave me his 3 Kit Kats and I ate it in front of him. He tried to snatch but Amelia's dangerous glare stopped him from doing that and saved me.

"I'm just kidding, fuckhead", I got up too and followed him to the kitchen.

"So am I, shithead" He turned around and cocked his head to the one side with a smirk.

Damn, that was hot.

Am I drooling?

Stop.

"Jerk" I hissed at him for absolutely no reason and sat at the edge of their kitchen.

"Bitch" He leaned on the same counter beside me and smirked again.

What's with the smirk today?

I really wanna wipe it off of his face.

Will acid work?

"Okay that's enough" Amelia watched our encounter and opened the fridge to find something.

Meanwhile, we both were busy sticking our tongues out at each other like crazy children.

"Let's have some ice-cre-, WHERE THE HECK IS ICE-CREAM?? FINN?" Amelia's sudden scream boomed in the kitchen and I was startled and found myself on the floor and Finn busted out laughing.

But he offered me a hand like a gentleman, and I took it. His soft touch sent tingles all over my body and his laughter died slowly as he looked at our hands but I pulled away mine and muttered thanks under my breath.

What was that?

He cleared his throat and sobered up from whatever was on his mind.

"Mom, didn't I tell you yesterday? I ate it." He replied with a bored tone. Amelia came and stand in front of him.

"You ate it? The whole tube of ice-cream? Of course, why am I even surprised? And when did you tell me?" She crossed her hands, and so did he.

"Yesterday, when you were asleep."

She knitted her eyebrows together in confusion and then sighed loudly.

"I don't know what to do with this boy." She looked at me and I gave her a tight-lipped smile.

"Now, you go and get some ice-cream for Emery" she motioned me not to say anything and looked at her son.

"No way in hell. I'm not going out right now, Mom. I'm tired." They started arguing. And I was just standing there, looking at both of them like a lost dog.