Chapter 5 : Sad or Happy?

Emery

"Are you coming home?" I jumped in my place when I heard a deep voice disturb the deafening silence of the hallways.

I turned around to find Finn leaning against the wall as he stared at me with unknown emotion in his eyes.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice when the chaos died in the corridors. Everybody went home.

There was no one except us.

I've been avoiding him since morning, but here he is.

And now I'm just afraid to answer thousands of questions that are being formed in his thick skull.

I can't pinpoint what I'm actually feeling now.

Am I angry at him? Maybe.

Because I'm angrier at myself for expecting something from someone I just met two days ago.

Am I sad?

Or just anxious and worried about tomorrow and the rest of my senior year? How am I going to survive here?

I didn't meet his gaze when clutched my bag's traps tightly and tried to make my way out of this hellhole.

But he came in my way and stopped me.

"Look Pie, I'm sorry; I didn't know she was going to" as he started digging into the topic that I'm pushing to the far corner of my mind, I looked up and interrupted,

"It's okay. I never asked for an explanation from you." I gave him a tight-lipped smile and turned around to leave.

"Mom told me to drop you at your home."

"You don't have to, and also I have some work in the library," I answered him over my shoulder and changed my way.

He didn't say anything, as I heard his heavy footsteps mixed with the silence of the hallways, I took the other road that is behind our school and got home.

I couldn't stop all the thoughts from running through my mind.

When I finally came home, Grandma was all ready to go out, she clapped her hands like a happy kid when she saw me on the porch but the exhausted look on my face gave her some hint and she dropped her smile.

"How was school baby? Did you meet your old friends?" she came closer and pulled me into a hug.

"Y-Yeah" I croaked and snuggled my head into her beautiful blonde hair.

I wanted to cry, I wanted to share everything that had happened today, I wanted to get it off my chest, I wanted to share this burden of thoughts I've been carrying for two years.

How could I?

I don't want her to worry about me.

"What happened? Do you wanna talk about it?" She patted my back and I pulled away.

"No, I'm just tired, Can I go upstairs? And I'm not hungry so I don't want dinner. I'm sorry." I started rubbing my eyes so that she couldn't see my red puffy eyes.

"At least, just eat some fruits, will ya and there is some alcohol in my cabinet, feel free to get drunk, neither your mom nor dad is here, so till then enjoy." We wiggled her eyebrows and I laughed slightly.

"I'm going to Julia's house down the road. And if you're planning on drinking away all your problems then I can cancel the plan. Gladly. " I shook my head to 'No' and pushed her towards the door.

"No gram. I'm okay. You go and enjoy."

"Okay, sweety. But are you trying to throw me out of the house? Is someone from outside gonna accompany you? Someone with dark hair, a cute smile?" she teased.