Chapter 6 : Now, I feel good.

Emery

Can life slow the fuck down?

Didn't I go to school yesterday? I really need a break between two days.

I slammed my feet on the rug and screamed into the pillow. My muffled voice filled in my room.

How am I supposed to leave this bed? And I read somewhere that 'If someone loves you, you should love them back'

Okay, I don't know who said this, but doesn't this make some sense?

It does.

So, yeah, I would never ever betray my one and the only love of my life, my bed.

"You better go and take a bath, don't waste any more time just by talking to yourself. Or else be ready to eat cold soggy pancakes" A voice came from the door that belonged to my grandma.

"Ughh! Can't risk the pancakes" I groaned loudly and finally summoned up the remaining energy in me to walk out of my room.

No matter how early I wake up, I still get late.

______

"Grawmaw I'm lawte bywe" I stuffed the 2-3 pancakes in my mouth, took my abandoned bag lying on the floor from yesterday and ran like Usain Bolt.

"Easy darling" grandma chuckled and I grinned at her from the porch.

I'm gonna miss the first lecture. Suddenly, a car came to the halt in front of my house and the window rolled down, revealing my neighbour in a sexy leather jacket over a white hoodie.

"Running late Sugar pie? Want a ride?" He raised his eyebrow and opened a door for me.

"No, thank you. I'll go" he rolled his eyes,

"Oh come on, I'm not gonna kidnap you and I don't think anyone will pay me even 50 bucks for you." I gave up and sat in his fancy car, ignoring his previous comment.

"Haha. Aren't you in a good mood today?" I kept my bag on my lap and turned to look at him.

"Yeah! I decided not to give a single fuck about what people say and you should do the same." he locked his eyes on the road, refusing to meet mine. I took that as my cue and looked outside the window, as I hummed.

Admiring the beautiful morning environment of my town.

When the school came into my sight, I signalled him to stop the car, because entering school with him? No, I can't handle any more attention at school.

"Are you being serious right now?" The irritated look on his face came back.

"Yes. Because I can't just ignore all the comments and stares in just one day and pretend like nothing has happened" I opened the door and got out of the car.

"I know, at least you can try" He gave a tight-lipped smile and the door closed and he rolled down the window.

"Yeah. Will try. And what do we say to the god of death?" I sweetly smiled at him and he mirrored my smile.

"Not Today" the small smile lingered on his lips.

"Exactly my answer." I tried to smirk. He chuckled and drove off.

When I finally reached school, the hallways were packed with bickering and laughing students. Nobody was glancing my way, not that I'm complaining.

Relief washed over me when I found out I wasn't the centre of attraction today. Still, I kept my gaze down and tried to go unnoticed.

I opened my locker carefully and sighed heavily when I didn't find any balloons or buckets in there.

"Oh, so you came huh?" The locker door beside closed and Finn leaned against his locker.