Chapter 7 : Talk about what?

Emery

I never thought, I would be happy to go back to school again. Everything has changed. People stopped giving me disgusted, irritated, annoyed looks, even glancing my way.

I'm more than happy.

Touchwood.

The weekend rolled down faster than I thought. Scott would come every day to pick me up. We attended all the lectures together; he changed his timetable as per mine. Gossiping about others, eating lunch, laughing at the same shitty jokes, and doodling in each other's books, this is what our daily routine was. He never left my side as he promised. We became so close in this one week. The only problem was his lacrosse practice which kept us away for an hour or two. But this guy never stopped making fun of teachers and pranking his friends. His bubbly side showed me that he doesn't care about his image. He does what he loves to do and follows the way that makes him happy.

I don't know how people choose the right path. I'm so picky still I manage to choose the wrong one.

Every.Single.Time

Talented, aren't I?

We had a lot of questions in our minds about each other, we both could see that but neither did he ask me to tell him my life story nor did I.

And I don't think I'm ready either. We just became friends, and I don't want to ruin it.

I avoided going to the washroom where I would meet Blair. She never stopped giving me death glares every day.

I can't even imagine what will happen when the real bitch will come back to school. That thought gives me a shudder every time.

On the other side, I feel like my mum-dad is kinda ignoring me. I think so. Because whenever I call them, either they pick up and tell me that they are busy or never pick up my call. I know it's not easy to completely shut the company and move everything to another country in such a short period. I can understand, but at least I can expect a call for 5 minutes. I want to tell my mum everything about school, Scott, and assignments. I just wait for them to call me. It's not like they don't love me, but they don't love me the way I want them to.

I don't expect them to help me with everything or send me money or call me 24/7. I just want them to come here and give me their time and reciprocate my love.

Is it too much to ask for?

I'm trying so hard to be like their daughter.

Grandma left for her business trip and promised me she will come back as soon as possible. She appointed a housekeeper to make meals and for taking care of the house. She thinks I can't cook.

And she's right.

Gramma told Amelia to check up on me and now, she keeps calling me every freaking hour. She sends me my favourite cookies every day. She is so kind, unlike her son.

And Finn, I don't know what is his problem.

He stopped talking to me. I asked him thousand times 'what happened' but he just shrugged and started avoiding me. I smiled at him whenever I found him staring but he just gave a tight-lipped smile in return. I saw him every day after school in the parking lot, leaning against his car, waiting for someone. Whenever our eyes met, he was the one who looked away first.

Scott felt this tension between us but his clenched jaw and the look in his eyes gave me a signal of what he wanted to say. Something like, 'It's better if you stay away from that guy.' Scott ignored him like a plague.

And I've had enough of this, I'm gonna ask him what exactly happened between them.

A doorbell pulled me out of the mess of my thoughts.

I jumped off my bed and ran towards the door.

"Hello princess" Scott pulled me into a bear hug with the two bags in his both hands

"Heyy!" I giggled and we pulled away.

"I got you tons of Kit Kats and chips." He pushed two bags towards me and I gladly accepted them.

"Damn, Thank you Scottyy" I gave a pearly white smile and he returned it.

"Dude, don't tell me, nobody's home. I was looking forward to meeting your grandma" He jumped on the couch and whined like a baby and he made some weird faces.

"Haha, Don't you ever make that face again, I'll slap you. Hard." I kept those bags on the counter. And he gave me a 'Fuck you'll look.

"Oh please, I look adorably cute," he said in high pitched voice and I laughed loudly.

"Very funny Scotty. By the way, Grandma wanted to meet you too. But yesterday suddenly she got one call and left for her business trip. She didn't even tell me where she is going." I huffed in annoyance.

Scott didn't say anything, just smiled.

"You go upstairs, I'll get some popcorn." I changed the topic and he nodded.

"Okay, I'll search for some movies to watch."

After 10 minutes, I came to my room with two large bowls of cheese popcorns.

"Imma backk, Did you find any movie?" I saw him seating on my bed, grinning ear to ear and hiding something behind his back.

"I'm not in the mood to watch a movie now. How about we just talk?" I watched him suspiciously as he made some space for me to sit.

"Talk? Talk about what?"

"This" And he waved the note in front of my face. The same note, Finn had given to me that day. My eyes widened.

No.no.no

"Where did you get it? And you are not supposed to read that note." I tried to snatch it but he got up from the bed.

"But I already did, Sugar pie." He winked.

"I'm going to kill you, Scott, give it back" I gritted my teeth.

"Nopeeeee. And I'm ready to die but only after you told me the whole story" He finally sat on the chair and motioned me to calm down.

I debated with myself whether should I tell him or not.

And I gave in.

After I told him all the counters with Finn, His eyes bulged out of their sockets.

"Are you talking about Finn? Finn Garfield? Finn the douche?? The guy with green eyes?? Is his mother's name Amelia?? The biggest douchebag in our school?? That Finn??" he froze on my bed after I nodded.

I don't know why it is so hard to believe.

"Okay. This is new. Because that guy never makes friends. He never talks to anyone apart from his only friend Ander. And certainly not call anyone with a nickname and flirts." He just looked at me like I came from another planet.

I rolled my eyes.

"And how do you know all this about him? You don't even look at him" I furrowed my eyebrows and his eyes softened.

"We used to be best friends Em. Nobody knows him better than me. Not even his mother." The sarcasm in his eyes was replaced with pain.

"Oh. Then what happened?" he looked away from me and then he got up and sat on the bed, facing me.

"It's a long ass story" He looked up at me and stopped fidgeting with his phone.

"And I've got the whole night." He chuckled and I grinned.

"Get some popcorn, Sweety."