Chapter 3 : Bittersweet Times

Emery

I just watched a video on 'How to clean your room fast'.

And now I'm just staring at all the stuff and I don't know where to start, because my room is much messier than in the video.

Send help.

I've been doing this since afternoon, and every time I started cleaning, I find some object and I just stare at it nostalgically.

I started pacing in the empty space and pulled my hair out in frustration.

Who is going to clean this? I will never ever bring this 'cleaning bedroom shit' thought again in my mind.

I groaned loudly as I threw myself on the bed and closed my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard a loud thump in the balcony. I quickly got up and opened the door to find Finn seating on the railings of my balcony.

He was wearing a grey hoodie, black shorts and a black beanie allowing his dark hair to stick to his forehead. His left leg with full of tattoos came into the view.

Hot and cute.

No.

I gathered myself and looked into those mesmerizing green eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing in my balcony?" not at all surprised by his sudden presence, I already imagined him being nosy.

"Nothing sugar pie, just making sure your scalp is okay, the way you pulled your hair, I really thought you'll go bald" he laughed and threw a Kit Kat in my direction.

My eyes lit up when I caught one of my favourite things on the earth in my hands.

"Thank you so much" I beamed with happiness and sat on the chair near the balcony door so we were facing each other. Ignoring the fact that he was stalking me.

"Not that I care, but you will fall," I said when I saw him seating on the thin railing.

"And what's gonna happen eh? Either I'll lose my hand or leg or I'll get some stitches in my head?" He chuckled and keeping a straight face he continued, "Trust me I've been through worse than this."

"What is worse than this?" words slipped out of my mouth before my mind comprehend what he said.

He stopped eating his Kit Kat, and looked up at me and held my gaze as if he was trying to collect the right words to say; he was trying not to show this side of his to me. His eyes made me hostage for a minute. I tried to look away but the hypnotizing greenish-blue eyes didn't let me. He closed his eyes and coughed as I looked away.

"Umm, Heartbreak, betrayal, I think, these are the most dangerous disease. I mean, you can treat the outside wounds but what about inside wounds that even doctors can't see?" his question was simple.

And I'm searching solution for the same. Aren't we lost in the same sea?

I don't know why but I feel good talking to him. Someone who doesn't know me doesn't know any of my past, who didn't judge me till now.

But every fucking thing is gonna change from tomorrow.

"Girlfriend problem?" I asked and regretted it immediately.

Now, who is being nosy?

Me.

"Hell nah! I don't know why everyone thinks like that. The love can be between two best friends, a mother and her child or a brother and his sister or a son and his dad. It doesn't always have to be between a girl and a boy" He rolled his eyes.

And I wanted to slap myself. Before I could say anything he carried on talking,

"Sorry, I'm not here to give you my TED talk" he jumped onto the balcony and walked towards me, "For free".

"haha," I faked a laugh and stopped him before he could see my messy bedroom.

"Oh no, please stop. Everything is messed up in there." I stood near the balcony door to stand in his way.

"I'm just here to help you" he raised his both hands in the air to stretch his body.

Hot

No.

"And why on earth do you want to help me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you wanna make new friends?" he leaned against the door jamb.

"Nopeee" I lied as I see his lips twitch slightly upward and crossed my arms over my chest.

"See, I don't have any other friends in school and I hardly talk to my only friend. He failed last semester, so I can't ask him to complete my pending assignments. Now I have only one option and that's 'You'. As you promised yesterday, you are going to complete my assignments, help you to clean your room is the least thing I can do." He smiled and looked at me for some reply.

So, he did all of this just for his assignments? Damn! And here I was thinking that he wanted to make a friendship.

I should've seen this coming.

Bitch.

"Get the fuck out of my room." I gritted my teeth and pushed him out of the door and closed it in his face.

"DID YOU FORGET THAT I STILL HAVE YOUR PRETTY PHOTO?" He shouted from the balcony and I gave him the one-finger salute.

He laughed loudly and disappeared from my balcony.

Oh god, I still have to clean this goddamn room.

___________

After freaking 4 hours, I cleaned my room thoroughly.

After taking a refreshing bath, I returned to my room and called my mom.

It's been two days since we talked last.

"Hello, mum?" I said when I hear some shuffling on the other side.

"Yes, honey? Are you okay? What happened?" the shuffling stopped and only concern shuffled through the phone.

"Yes mum, everything is fine. I just wanted to listen to your voice" she hummed and I sighed. "I miss you mum, when are you and papa coming here? We're already waiting for you" I looked at the family photo on the wall, three figures standing with arms around each other. I caressed her little face in the picture. Her beautiful blonde hair resting on her shoulder, how happy she looked and I smiled at that.

"Maybe, in the next week, honey. We still have some work to finish before we move there. Just take care of yourself and grandma. We'll be there soon. Now, I'm preparing dinner. I'll call you tomorrow okay?" Her soft voice was enough to make my rest of the evening.

"Yes, mum. Bye, love you and tell papa that I miss him too, I called him yesterday, I guess he was too busy to call back, but no worries, I can understand. Just come here ASAP. Please." I made a puppy face even though she can't see me through the phone.

"Sure, sweety. Bye, we miss you too" and she hung up.

How happy they were back then! Papa's wide smile when his daughter ruffled his blonde hair was perfectly captured in the photograph.

I wish I could make them as happy as the girl in this photograph did.

Guess, who is not lucky enough?

Me.