Chapter 9

After about a week, Oliver went back to Oklahoma. So did my mom but she didn't say anything to me. I wouldn't even have known if Owen didn't tell me.

Charlie and I are currently perfecting Perfect Harmony in between our filming.

I didn't know it was possible but writing this song together has brought us even closer. We're like constantly with each other. Of course this has also made my crush grow stronger. Heck it's not just some little highschool crush anymore. I'm falling in love with Charlie.

"Ok, is it ready? Do you think Kenny will like it? What if he doesn't? Or worse what if he fires us be-" "Liv, calm down" Charlie laughs "He's going to love it. I promise" he adds looking in my eyes. I gulp and quickly look away. As much as I want this relationship to happen, it can't.

"Guys Kenny needs you to the set" Owen tells us

"Ok" Charlie says walking out, I follow him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's going on with you and Julie?" 'Ally' asks 'Luke'

"W-what? Nothing?" 'Luke' says

"Are you sure Luke? Because I see the way you look at her!" 'Ally' says raising her voice

"NO NOTHINGS HAPPENING! WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE?" 'Luke' yells

"BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU! OK? Are you happy now?" 'Ally admits

'Lukes' face softens "W-what?" He stutters

"Luke, I've loved you since the 8th grade! All those guys I dated, they were just mere distractions! My love for you was forbidden. We're best friends! My brother is your other best is my brother! Reggie would kill us if he found out!" 'Ally' vents. I tried to put all of my feelings and emotions from my real feelings towards Charlie in this character. Lemme tell ya, it felt good.

"No, I wouldn't!" 'Reggie' poofs in, "as long as you guys are happy, I'm happy." He smiles

"Well, it's too late anyways! I ruined everything." 'Ally' says. She or I, am supposed to 'poof' out right now so I just have to jump then run while everyone else freezes in their places.

I stand next to Kenny by the monitor as the guys act out the rest of the scene.

"Where did she go?" 'Reggie' asks

"I know," Luke says poofing out.

"AND CUT!" Kenny yells "Great work guys! And Olivia, I really felt the emotions in the scene!"

"Thanks kenny." I smile as Charlie walks over to us

"Is the song ready?" Kenny asks. Charlie must've noticed how nervous I got because he put his arm around me. I calmed down a bit almost immediately

"Yeah it's ready, we can show it to you whenever you have time." Charlie states

"I have a few minutes before I'm needed again, how about now?" Kenny asks

"Uh er um sure!" I stumble over my words and I take a deep breath "Now works fine."

"Great!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand by the microphone stand as Charlie puts the pre-recorded instrumental CD we made last night in the CD player.

He hits play and gives me a reassuring smile. I give him a little grin back and take a deep breath as he starts singing.

"Step into my world

Bittersweet love story about a girl

Shook me to the core

Voice like an angel, I've never heard before"

"Here in front of me

Shining so much brighter than I have ever seen

Life can be so mean

But when he goes, i know he doesn't leave" I sing, Charlie and I's gaze is locked on each other. I put as much emotion in my voice as possible.

"The truth is finally breaking through

Two worlds collide when I'm with you

Our voices rise and soar so high

We come to life when we're in perfect harmony" We sing together.

As we sing through the rest of the song I feel so many feelings. My heart racing, my stomach fluttering. I've never felt this way about anyone before. All I can do is hope that he feels the same way. I know he doesn't but a girl can dream.

Charlie's POV

When she's singing, all I can think about is how I'm falling madly in love with her. Hell, I already have. She sings so beautifully. Like it's smooth and has so much emotion. She can hold notes for so long with so much power.

When we finish singing we hug as everyone claps. We got so lost in each other that we didn't realise the crowd that gathered.

Kenny loved the song so now we just have to see if the netflix officials like it all well. Throughout the rest of the day all I can think about is Olivia. I'm going to tell her how I feel today. No matter what.

I see her and before I can stop myself I go behind her and wrap my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder. She leans into me more and grins up at me.

"I have to show you something later." She says still smiling

"What is it?" I ask returning the smile

"It's a surprise" she says as i pout

"Wanna go eat something?" I ask

"Sure."she responds

"I think I saw a little coffee shop down the road a bit" I tell her

I subtly drop flirty comments all day. She always blushes. Man, I love this girl.

~Authors Notes~

AHHHHHHH IT'S HAPPENING!!

Are you enjoying the story?

ALSO HOLY FREAKING CRAP! GUYSSSSS THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR OVER 100 READS! I literally cannot explain how happy and grateful I am for this. Never once did I ever imagine myself putting my writing out there let alone people actually read it!

So again thank you guys so much for all your support!

If you have any questions or suggestions, PM me or comment and I will get back to you ASAP!

Also If you give any suggestions I will credit you!

Bye loves!

Elly 🤍