Chapter 49: Just Facts

Chapter 49

Just Facts

"It smells so good." Titus squeezed my shoulders as he waited behind me. "I love this holiday already."

I glanced over at my little cousin who had dumped his plates on the floor and was cry. "Yeah, it's great," I muttered.

We started down the food line, and Titus's plate quickly became a heap. He was struggling to keep it from falling off the sides as I strategically place my food to minimize touching. Once I had everything I wanted, I went to sit my parents, who were seated at the end of one of the long tables in the garage. Titus's family were with them as well. I put my plate down and went back for drinks. Seeing Titus's spilling some jello as he sat down, I grabbed him another plate as well.

"Here," I gave it to him and set the drinks down.

"Good idea." He gave me a grin as he scooted a portion of his food over.

My mother laughed softly. "You can go back for seconds, Titus."

"I got excited. I everything looks so good that I had to try it all." Picking up his fork, he did just that.

I ripped apart my roll and dipped it in the gravy covering over my potatoes.

"Aden never had an appetite like that," said my mother, shaking her head. "Even when he had that growth spurt freshman year, he just got thinner and thinner."

"Mom," I breathed. "I eat plenty." I glanced at my boyfriend to find he was nearly halfway done. I scanned the table and saw all our werewolves guests had nearly cleaned their plates. Darius was already heading back for more.

"Must run in the family," said my mother. "Quint never been much of an eater, so you must have gotten it from him."

Both my dad, and I sighed. I finished my plate, listening to my mother chat with Rose. They seemed to like each other. I hoped so because if I mated Titus they'd be in-laws. I peeked up at Xavier, who was scanning the room with his arms folded. And, he would be my father-in-law. I was not excited for that.

"Be back in a second." Titus stood and went back for seconds.

"Where does it go," breathed my mother. "Honestly, no human being can eat that much and not have a stitch of fat on them."

"We keep our boys busy," said Xavier. "They work hard, so they have to keep up their energy."

"What is it your family does for a living?" asked my mother, picking up the last bits of salad with her fork.

My dad squirmed in his seat, and I nervously waited to hear what the alpha came up with.

"Cattle," said Xavier. "Free range cattle, and we also own quite a bit of land."

"That would do it," laughed my mother. "I don't know if you're exactly the type to be a farmer's wife type. You're not very outdoorsy to begin with."

I heard chuckling around me from my uncles and aunts that had overheard. "I'm sure I'll figure it out."

Titus returned and didn't slow down for the second round in the slightest. I gathered up the used paper plates and threw them away. Stopping by the dessert table, I dished some for me and Titus.

My boyfriend's eyes grew wide when I sat it down in front of him.

"You got a lot of food for yourself?"

"It's for you too."

Titus shook his head. "I don't do sweets."

"You're going to try it." I poked at the chocolate pie. "Rose and Storm made this."