Chapter 26

Edward P.O.V

That afternoon we finally got to take Bruno home after all this time looking for him. Bella didn't seem like she wanted to let him go, everyone noticed that. She would hold him against her chest, kissing his face and holding his little hands.

Everyone already loved him and when we stepped inside the house there was a big blue sign hanging from the ceiling that said Welcome Home Bruno. Mom and Alice prepared a whole delicious lunch for everybody. Renee also came and Bella decided to invite Jacob and Irina.

"Bella, I think Bruno might need a diaper change," I said, looking at Bruno who started whining a little.

"Okay," she handed him to me. I sat on my ankles next to her, placing him on the couch.

"Let's see," I said, unwrapping him from the blanket. "Do you have a surprise for daddy, huh?"

Bella giggled. Surprised, I looked at her and smiled. It's been a while since I last seen her giggle, and I love the sound of it.

"Do it again," I said, smiling.

"Do what again?" She asked, smiling.

"Giggle."

She smiled even more and shakes her head. I smiled, grabbing Bruno's bag to get his diaper and wipes. I open his diaper and immediately turn away by the horrible smell that came out.

"Holy-!" I turn away.

Bella started laughing, covering her mouth and nose.

"Bruno, what did you eat?" I asked, laughing. Bruno knows, because he had this big grin on his face and starts kicking his legs and flapping his arms all excited.

"Good luck," Bella laughed.

I shake my head, wiping Bruno's little butt. I had to use almost all the wipes to wipe him clean, not sure if I'm doing it right, but he's clean. I take the weird looking diaper and flip it over to see which side is the front.

"How do you-never mind," I say, figuring it out. I lift him up and wrap it around his little waist, placing a kiss on his belly button. I lift him up and look at my work. "Not bad my first try, huh, buddy?"

Bruno giggles.

"Did good?" Bella asked.

"Hell yeah, I did." I take the blanket and wrap him in it. "I was thinking," I said, looking at Bruno and looking at Bella, "maybe it would be good if we leave for a couple of days. We deserve it now that he's back."

"But, Tanya-"

"Sh," I kiss her lips, "don't think about her. That's why I want to go for a couple of days, so it would it just be you, me and Bruno."

"Where would we go?"

I smiled, "Chicago."

"Chicago?" She asked, surprised.

"Why not? We still have the apartment over there, it's far, far away and safe."

She smiled, biting her lower lip. "You think it's safe to leave right now?"

"I know."

"When are we leaving?"

I smiled, excited. It's about time we leave because being here with Bruno might not be safe with Tanya on the loose. Jacob recommended it to me, to keep Bella safe.

That first night with Bruno was the longest night I ever had. Also for Bella. She didn't want to leave Bruno alone in his nursery yet so we slept with him in between us. The only bad thing was that he woke up every three hours, crying his lungs out. It was either he needed a diaper change, which I could do by myself, or feeding, which I needed to wake up my Bella for because Carlisle said he still needed her milk. It didn't seem to bother her, she happily did it if it meant having our child between her arms.

The next morning, I surprised her by telling her that we were leaving. It was good, a good idea. It felt right. It felt normal being at the airport with my fiancee on one side and carrying my child on the other.

Bruno was a total angel the whole flight. He sat on Bella's lap, sucking on his little thumb while watching me on my computer writing a message to Jacob, telling him we boarded the plane. Bella looked like she didn't want to let him go. She sat next to the window, holding him on her lap, kissing his little head. I smiled at the image of both of them together and the perfect view of the sky right behind them.

"Oh, my God, what a adorable little baby," said a women in the middle row, stretching her neck to have a better view of Bruno. "What's his name?"

"Bruno," Bella smiled at the back of the seat in front of her.

The women immediately noticed Bella was blind and also her ring on her finger. She gave me a smile and said, "You're a very lucky man, that's a really beautiful family of yours."

I smiled, taking Bella's hand. "Hopefully it'll grow bigger."

"I'm Amanda, I'm heading to Chicago to see my daughter and her family also."

"Edward, this is my fiancee Bella," I introduced ourselves. "We're having a little family vacation."

"That's lovely." She moved a little and took something out of her pocket. "This may seem odd but I want to give your child... this." She shows me a little golden necklace with an angel hanging from it.

"What is it?" Bella asked.

"A necklace," I said, touching it, "Amanda, we can't take it."

"Of course, you can," she smiled. "It's been in my family for years and it's suppose to be for the first boy in our family, but, we're mostly women. Keep it. That angel will protect your little angel."

I smiled, taking it. I show it to Bruno who keeps sucking his thumb, "You like it, buddy?" I asked him. "It's really beautiful, thank you."

"No worries, my friend. No worries."

After the flight we took a taxi that dropped us off at the apartment. When I entered I saw that neither Emmett nor did Jasper bother to clean this place up before heading back to Forks. Dirty plates, socks, soda cans everywhere, pizza boxes, and other crap all over the place.

"Ugh, this smells awful," Bella groaned.

"Don't worry," I said, "it'll be good with a little cleaning."

Bella smiled, holding Bruno tightly and said, "No worries, my friend."

Author's Note:

Sorry, probably boring chapter. So, I decided to give you guys one or two chapters only about Edward, Bella and Baby Bruno. Sorry, for the wait, I'm stuck in rehearsal.

March 4, 2015

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324