Pilot [5]

Sam was driving the Impala when his phone rang. He pulled it out and answered it.

"Fake 911 phone call? Sammy, I don't know, that's pretty illegal," Dean laughed.

Sam furrowed his eyebrows "I didn't make any phone call,"

Dean seemed to ignore Sam's response as he continued talking "Listen, we gotta talk,"

"Tell me about it. So the husband was unfaithful. We are dealing with a woman in white. And she's buried behind her old house, so that should have been Dad's next stop,"

"Sammy, would you shut up for a second?"

"I just can't figure out why Dad hasn't destroyed the corpse yet,"

"Well, that's what I'm trying to tell you. He's gone. Dad left Jericho,"

"What? How do you know?"

"I've got his journal,"

"He doesn't go anywhere without that thing,"

"Yeah, well, he did this time,"

"What's it say?"

"Ah, the same old ex-Marine crap, when he wants to let us know where he's going,"

"Coordinates. Where to?"

"I'm not sure yet,"

"I don't understand. I mean, what could be so important that Dad would just skip out in the middle of a job? Dean, what the hell is going on?" Sam looked up and slammed the brake, dropping the phone: Constance appeared on the road in front of him.

The Impala went right through Constance as Sam brought it to a halt.

"Sam? Sam!" Dean exclaimed over the phone.

Inside the car, Sam breathed hard.

Constance was sitting in the back seat. "Take me home. Take me home!"

"No," Sam told her.

Constance glared and the doors locked themselves.

Sam struggled to reopen them.

The gas pedal pressed down and the Impala began to drive itself.

Sam tried to steer, but Constance was doing that too. He continued to try to get the door open.

In the back seat, Constance flickered. The Impala pulled up in front of Constance's house and stopped. The engine shut off and so did the lights.

"Don't do this," Sam told Constance.

Constance flickered. Her voice was sad "I can never go home,"

"You're scared to go home," Sam looked back and Constance wasn't there. He glanced around and back and saw her in the shotgun seat.

Constance climbed into Sam's lap, shoving him back against the seat hard enough to recline the seat.

Sam struggled.

"Hold me. I'm so cold," Constance claimed.

"You can't kill me. I'm not unfaithful. I've never been!" Sam argued.

"You will be. Just hold me," Constance kissed Sam as he continued to struggle, reaching for the keys. She pulled back and disappeared, a flash of something horrible behind her face as she vanished.

Sam looked around for a moment, then yelled in pain and yanked his hoodie open.

There were five new holes burned through the fabric, matching Constance's fingers; she flickered in front of him, her hand reaching into his chest. A gunshot went off, shattering the window and startling Constance.