Chapter 4: Is This What They Call 'Fate'?

- Lunch break -

"Hey Jamecchi, what bread do you want today?" Jonathan and Akari simultaneously asked.

"Jinx, buy me juice later Tanchin." Akari said.

"Hey Akarin, didn't you owe me a juice?" I said.

"Oh yeah... Sorry I forgot. Tanchin buy Jamecchi a can of black coffee." Akarin replied.

"たのむ ぞ。 き おつ けて (Looking forward to it. Take care.)" I replied.

As I was taking a quick nap, I heard the girls talking.

"Look at him, just sleeping while his friends are buying food for him. Can't he just do that himself?"
"Yeah what a scumbag?"
"I feel sorry for Watanabe-kun and Nakamura-san for having such a friend."
"They should stay away from this guy to be honest."

Yeah talk all you want I don't give a shit.

- 3:15 pm -

"Hey Jamecchi, wanna hang out?" Jonathan asked.

"Sorry Tanchin, I gotta go to work today. Maybe next time." I answered.

"Jamecchi, text me if ever the latest shounen jump is in the convenience store today." Akari said.

"Okay got it." I replied.

I work part-time at the convenience store because my father doesn't give me allowances.

My shift's done until 11 huh? I still have time then to clean and cook for those guys. I gotta do a good work today.
As I arrived at work, the manager talked to me.

"Hey Mirā-san, there's a new worker today. Teach her all the things she needs to know. Do your job as her senpai" the manager said.

Damn he still can't pronounce my last name right. Oh well.

"Yes, sir!" I answered.

A girl huh? I hope she's not hard to teach. Damn I'm feeling nervous.

As I looked at the counter, there was a familiar silhouette. It was a small, petite girl who's hair was short. Then I saw her face, I had the same feeling that I was in a field of flowers.

"It's her." I whispered to myself.

I got cold sweat. Fuck, tears are falling down my eyes. This is embarrassing. I gotta wipe these off.

"Uhh, hey!" I greeted her.

"よろしくお願いします, せんぱい (Please treat me kindly, senior.)" she replied.

Jeez, such a heavenly cute voice.

"I will. I'm looking forward to working with you." I replied.

I never would have thought that I would see her again so soon. Is this what they call 'fate'?

-- END OF CHAPTER 4 --