fourteen

Five Months Later

Quinn stared at the email she received in disbelief. She must've read it over a thousand times, but still the words didn't seem real.

We would like to congratulate you on your nomination for Breakout Creator of the Year in the 12th annual Streamy awards. Click here to confirm your nomination.

"Ellie," Quinn yelled at a concerning volume, "Ellie come here!"

The blonde ran in the room with a look of worry on her face, "Hold on, Nick," She lowered the phone from her ear, "Are you okay?"

Wordlessly Quinn flipped the phone, showing her roommate the email. She watched as Ellie's eyes scanned over the words, and then grew with excitement.

"Oh my god!" She gasped, "Nick, I'll have to call you back, love you," bye." Ellie hung up the phone quickly, before screaming.

"This is so awesome," Quinn let out a victory noise of her own. This was a dream come true for Quinn, it was her signifier, she had made it.

The past five months had been busy to say the least. Quinn had started up a solo role play, which she told in the form of minecraft streams, writing her own story and programming the game to fit her needs. This went pretty viral, and Quinn's viewer count doubled on her streams, which was pretty substantial, to say the least. Another exciting thing that happened was that one way or the other, Nick had gotten the courage to ask Ellie out, and now the blonde girl could often be found on the phone, no doubt talking to him. Quinn had used the separation from the boys to reach out to other content creators, and collaborate with them, resulting in a growing community. One of Quinn's most popular streams was when she and Valkyrae played a horror game together, in October. Things were really looking up for Quinn's career, and the Streamy nomination was proof of that.

As for Quinn and her personal life... it was a different story. Clay and Vanessa were still together, and she had appeared more and more regularly in his streams. Most of the fans loved her, seeing that on camera, she made Clay pretty happy. But there were still a few fans who, like Quinn, weren't going to give up hope on a relationship for him and Quinn. Sometimes, Quinn wondered if the fans knew how close they were to actually being together. It didn't matter, though.

Her communication with Clay had been spotty, seeing as the longer his relationship with Vanessa lasted, the less and less he reached out to Quinn. At least she heard from George and Nick often. They didn't really stream together anymore, seeing as their content was changing and differing, but even just talking to them every once in a while was nice.

"We have to celebrate," Ellie rested her hands on Quinn's shoulders, a bright look in her eyes, "This is incredible. You are incredible."

Upon hearing her words, Quinn did something she hadn't done in a while, she cried. She was so proud of herself, everything she had worked so hard for, was going to pay off, even if she didn't win, she knew it was worth it. All the times she thought about quitting, or giving up, she was glad that she didn't.

"I'm so proud of you," Ellie hugged her roommate tightly, "I knew you could do this."

"It doesn't feel real," Quinn checked the email again, making sure it wasn't a scam. She checked her breathing and her pulse, this was so exciting. At that moment, a Twitter notification popped up on her phone, a tweet that she was tagged in, from the Streamy page, announcing her nomination.

It took maybe twelve seconds until she was getting a FaceTime from George. Quinn smiled at his quickness, and answered, watching as the dark haired British man appeared on her screen, his jaw seemingly hitting the floor.