Chapter 10: Boys.

// Arianna //

The boys and I all decided to play a game of sand volleyball. It was 3 against 3. I was on Harry and Liam's team. We were against Louis, Niall, and Zayn. In the beginning, they were playing easy just because I was playing. They acted like I didn't notice, but they should really know I'm not that stupid. I noticed Zayn always asking me before serving the ball, "Are you ready, babe?" I always had to nod and get used to Harry and Liam not passing me the ball half of the time. So when it was my turn to serve the ball, I spiked it with all the anger and frustration in me. It caught the boys off guard, especially Zayn. I grinned as I watched their eyes widen and their mouths unable to move. The ball whisked past Louis's head - almost hitting him in the face. The three boys across from me nodded, their eyes were filled with amusement and determination. The next hour was filled with spikes, hits, a white ball bounching back and forth, and in the end the score was 14-10. Our team won and we were busy gloating to the losing team. Harry and Liam whisked me up on their shoulders as they pumped their fists in the air.

"WE WIN! IN YOUR FACE!" I heard Liam yell at Niall.

He pouted and pretended to get hurt.  I looked down at him and blew him a kiss. He immediately grinned and winked. I turned back around and called out to Louis.

"Don't forget! Losers buy the winners ice cream!" 

He rolled his eyes, nodding and giving me a thumbs up. I watched him walk away with Zayn - shoulders slumped in defeat. I laughed as Liam and Harry ran with me on their shoulders towards the ocean. I screamed as we all fell in together. The water washed all over me as I shut my eyes. I swam up to the surface and splashed Liam in the face. He splashed back and jumped on Harry's back. I threw my head back, laughing at the silly boys. 

We continued playing in the water until Louis and Zayn came back with the ice cream. I decided to stop playing for a little while and decided to relax a bit. I laid on my back and calmly floated back and forth in the water. It was so serene and calm. I was beginning to get lost in my thoughts. I felt myself drifting away from my problems and stress. I felt my mind taking a break - shutting off in a kind of way. My sunglasses covered my eyes as the sun beamed down on me. I slowly shut my eyes and got lost in the sound of people laughing in the distance and the waves moving past my ears. I was snapped out of my relaxing trance when I felt someone's fingers brush against my thigh and stay there. My eyes shot open and I was startled away from my comfortable position. I looked up and recognized the same obnoxious boy from earlier today at the snack bar. 

"Hey there darling." He smiled, looking down at me. 

I covered my chest with my arms and attempting to stand back a bit. I was really conscious about my body and with him staring at me with those mischevious eyes made me feel like he was examining me under a microscope. I didn't feel that self conscious when I was with the boys for some reason. I think it was because I was more comfortable with them than this stranger in front of me. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked him, keeping my distance away from him.

He chuckled and started swimming closer to me. I stepped back with each step he took towards me.

"I wanted to see you again, but your boyfriend was kind of in the way." He smiled. 

He stretched his arms backwards, flexing them on purpose. I rolled my eyes - knowing what game he was playing. I looked back out in the shore, wishing for the boys to come and rescue me. I couldn't stand being near this guy. He probably hits on every girl on this beach, I felt disgusted thinking about it. 

"Well that's fantastic, but I don't want to see you. And that wasn't my boyfriend. I don't have one." I assured him, heading towards the shore.

I noticed Liam and Niall too busy taking a a nap under the umbrella we set up. I slightly frowned and decided that I was on my own this time. I felt a hand on my shoulder and frowned at the stranger's touch. I pushed his hand off and crossed my arms in front of my chest.