Chapter 4: Smile Styles

// Harry // 

I smiled at the photographer as I lazily wrapped my arm around Liam's shoulders. The music in the background was very club-like and was supposed to make us get in the mood to pose for our photographer. I tucked my hands into my pockets and stared at the ground, as the cameras flashed. My eyes were getting blinded by the bright lights and camera flashes every 10 seconds. I felt like I was forcing a smile onto my face. It felt unnatural and forced.

I guess the photographer noticed as he said, " Okay this isn't working out boys. I'm going to give you a 10 minute break."

I sighed and walked over to our dressing room. I jumped down onto our couch and jumped back up as I felt something warm and squishy underneath me. I looked back and saw a girl cuddled with a pillow, no longer having a nice sleep.

"What the-" I heard her say as she sat up.

"Arianna?! What are you doing here?!" I yelled.

"I was just taking a quick powernap! Gosh, no need to yell." 

She rubbed her eyes and hopped off the couch. The rest of the boys came piling in as she did so. I took her place in the couch and grabbed the pillow that was just in her hands. I put it under my head and shut my eyes, trying to allow sleep to overcome me. I heard the boys mumble and chat a bit with Arianna. 

"How's the shoot going boys?" Arianna asked.

I felt someone plop down next to me on the couch, leaving a bit of space between us. 

"It's alright, I guess. They're coming out pretty well. But, Harry, here won't listen to the photographer. We're all pretty much done, except that we can't get the group photo right." Louis stated, with a bit of annoyance in his voice.

It fell silent and then I heard the door open and close two times. I think I was finally alone now. At last, I could finally gain some sleep around here. I feel like I've been acting like such a girl lately. I keep getting mood swings and I want to be alone more often. I don't know what's going on, but I feel like something's been missing in my life. It's been frustrating and I just don't know what to do anymore. I exhaled deeply and finally felt sleep overcome me. 

"Wake up Styles! We gotta finish up this photoshoot, I'm getting tired!" Paul yelled as he opened up the door to the dresssing room door.

I groaned, digging my face deeper into the couch cushions. I heard Paul impatiently tap his foot as he waited for me to sit up. I refused and just continued laying on the couch. He groaned and I heard his footsteps get closer to me. I felt buff hands grab my sides and lifted me off the soft couch in one swift movement. My eyes shot open and I saw the floor moving in front of me. 

"It's great to see you again, Paul." I murmured.

I looked back and saw a small smirk appear on his lips. I rolled my eyes, as I was plopped in front of the photographer with the other guys. Niall patted my back and smiled at me. I looked at him and shrugged. The bright lights washed over our faces again and the flashes of the expensive camera attacked my pupils. I blinked a couple times and heard the photographer sigh again.

"Harry, please give us at least some emotion." 

I cocked my head backwards and shook my head slightly. My curls shook a bit as I did so. The boys looked at me with disappointed looks. I forced another smile for the photographer, until he gave me a distasteful look. 

"What was that?!" He shouted over the booming music.

I glared at him through the camera's lense. This photographer has been getting on my nerves all day. I was ready to sock him in the face to shut his mouth. Everyone was about to give up on me and just call it a day. I stuffed my hands silently in my pockets and stared at the sneakers on my feet. I looked up again and saw Arianna sitting on a stack of boxes with Paul. She was laughing at what Paul was saying. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and then looked up. Her eyes locked with mine and I just stared at me. I narrowed my eyebrows at her and felt uncomfortable under her stare. Her stare softened and then she looked away. After a few short moments, she stood up. She walked quietly behind our stressed out photgrapher and stood there. I raised an eyebrow and she successfully gained me and the boys' attention. She started moving her hips in a silly way and started flaring her eyes all over the place with the music. Conveniently, it was our song, "Heart Attack". She smiled at me and continued to dance ridiculously. I started smirking and then I stiffled a small chuckle. The photographer looked at me and then started setting up his camera again.