Love and Obsession chapter 1

Prologue:
James' thoughts:
What is Love? Is it a type of Obsession? What is Obsession? Is it Love? If you ever wonder why most people in love are obsessed, just think to yourself; Are those real emotions or am I just too dumb to know? Pfft, whatever. For me, teenage love is superficial. If I ever fall in love, I swear that it'll be my first and my last. To be honest, I'm just speaking gibberish right now while I'm talking to myself while I'm IN A BOOKSTORE WITH A FUCKING COUPLE BEING FUCKING ALL LOVEY-DOVEY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! BULLSHIT! GET THAT SHIT OFF ME! I DIDN'T COME HERE JUST TO SEE COUPLES FLIRTING LIKE WHAT THE FUCK?! I SWEAR I'M GONNA FU--

"Hey Jamecchi, what's taking you so long?!" my bestfriend Jonathan shouted.

Chapter 1: I'm James

I'm James. James Miller is my full name and I'm 18 years old, I'm at my high school senior year. I'm a half-japanese boy living in tokyo with my australian dad and my brother. My mother left us when I was in grade school due to my father being a womanizer.
I don't blame him for mom leaving, but rather myself for telling her that dad was leaving at a place called Hotel Meguro Empire with another woman. Due to my innocence and being a history otaku, I thought that the love hotel was a place where the emperor lives and my dad and that woman worked with the emperor.
After realizing that I did something wrong, I started to lie a lot. When I became a freshman, almost everything that I say are lies and I've also started repressing my emotions and once thought that not being able to cry was cool. My classmates hated me for being weird but gladly, I had friends.

"Jamecchi what took you so long?" Jonathan asked.

This is Jonathan Watanabe, my classmate and one of my best friends. He's tall, handsome, charismatic, knows how to play guitar, is smart and has a girlfriend.
Red screen: I'm pissed.
I'm still wondering up to this day why he befriended me but don't get me wrong, it's not like I hate him or anything, it's just that he's the ideal friend for everybody but he still chose a nobody to be his best friend. We're classmates and best friends since 8th grade and I'm grateful to him for saving my life although I won't tell the details.

"Sorry Tanchin, there was this couple flirting in fucking front of me while they were in the line!" I said angrily.

"You really hate couples don't ya?" Akari asked.

"You bet your ass I do!" I shouted.

This is my 2nd best friend, Nakamura Akari, he's also tall and handsome and charismatic and has a chance to almost every girls in our school. My best friends are the complete opposite of me but I still love these guys. I once thought that japanese teens hated half blooded people but after meeting these two, I realized that they only hated me for being weird.
The three of us are half australians and our dads work at the same company as salary men. It's funny how our worlds differ but our principles are the same; "Life is meaningless."

"My girlfriend says she's at a donut shop and wants me to pick her up. You guys wait here." Jonathan said.

"Wait I'll come with you, I wanna buy some donuts." Akari replied.

"Jamecchi wanna come?" Jonathan asked.

"No, I'm just gonna hold the fort here. Akarin buy me some too." I replied.

"Okay, got it." Akari said.

After they left, I stood at the corner looking through my phone. I was humming for a second then noticed there was a girl beside me. I felt embarrassed humming an ani-song then I saw her phone and she's listening to what I was humming. For a second, I felt happy I don't understand why. Looking at her, she's small, petite and her hair is short. And then, she looked back at me. My mind suddenly went blank. It felt like I was in a field of flowers.

"Cute." I whispered.

We stared at each other for 2 seconds. I think she's uncomfortable because of the situation. What's this feeling? I'm having butterflies in my stomach. What is this? Is this what they called love at first sight? I'm just gonna say sorry.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"What?" she replied.

"Oh nothing. Um... I know this sounds weird but... Can I have your email address?" I asked bluntly.

Shit. This feels awkward. I hate this.
Black frame: What am I doing?
Red frame: FUCK FUCK FUCK!
As my mind was in a state of panic, a soft, sweet, little voice said to me;

"Okay." the girl said to me.

-- END OF CHAPTER 1 --