The Forest

Giyuu's eyes slowly opened and his body tensed once more at the realization of the position the two of you were sleeping in. The two of you were sleeping for hours since it was late in the afternoon.

He gently removed your arm from around him and got up. You stirred in your sleep, noticing the warmth was gone from in front of you and you groggily opened your eyes. You looked up and eyed the back of the figure and you remembered the events of the previous night. All you were able to remember was falling asleep in Giyuu's arms after he carried you away from the alley. You could feel your face flush and guilt in your stomach. Giyuu quietly moved about the room to get ready to leave, unaware of you being awake. You softly sighed to yourself and managed to speak up in a low voice,

"I'm sorry...I messed up and-" He cut you off instantly,

"It's okay, I'm just relieved that you weren't seriously hurt. I'm sorry for leaving you at the bar for so long and not finding you fast enough." You were shocked at the apology from the Hashira and could hear slight anger in his voice, not at you, but at himself.

You sat up and observed the small room and realized that there was only the one bed,

"Uh...Giyuu?" you started. He turned his head and faced you and gave you a puzzled look and you continued,

"There's only the one bed...where did you sleep?" you asked as your face grew warm from embarrassment. He turned his face away to hide the redness that slowly grew onto his cheeks.

"I was going to sleep on the floor, but you kept pulling me down onto the bed with you," He stated flatly. His explanation made your face turn bright red and you instantly started to frantically apologize. He waved off your apology and responded with "It's fine" and continued to ready his belongings.

"We slept for too long. I had plans to observe the surrounding forest during the day to see if there were any signs of demon activity at night, but it's too late for a thorough search. It'll be nightfall in about two hour or so, we're going to go out and hunt for them there." He said while handing you a small sack filled with supplies and food.

"You left your things at the bar last night and I didn't have time to grab them so we need to stop there first. We can grab food and then head out into the forest." He started while walking towards the door,

"Are you going to get out of bed or just stay there?" he asked, eyeing you down as you stared back dumbfounded while sitting on the bed. Your face flushed once more and you hurriedly got yourself out of the bed and fixed the covers while apologizing.

You two set off quickly to arrive at the bar and you gathered your belongs and quickly ate,

"I'm gonna run this back to the room," you said while smiling and holding up the stuffed animal from last night. He nodded and headed off to the direction of the forest while you swiftly ran back to the room to drop off your unnecessary luggage.

The sun was in its first stages of setting while you ran up to Giyuu who was waiting on the outskirts of the forest.

"Are your injuries doing fine?" he asked before the two of you walked into the forest side by side. You nodded,

"Yeah, I'd say in about a day, give or take, I should be fully healed." The two of you walked, eyeing each detail of the forest as closely as you could. You walked in silence for bit until you cleared your throat and said,

"Thank you...I didn't say it back then I'm sorry, but seriously thank you for helping me." Your eyes met Giyuu's and you both stopped walking. It seemed like everything around you stopped while the two of you stared into each other's eyes. You felt safe being there with him and your heart felt warm. It felt perfect.

The sound of a twig snapping underneath an animal's foot broke the concentration you two had and you both turned your faces in embarrassment.

At that point it was dark out and you cleared your throat and continued forward. The mood felt awkward from that point on and it was becoming unbearable and you spoke up,

"We should split up to cover more ground!" you suggested a little too eagerly. He was caught off guard at your sudden shouting of a suggestion and nodded in agreement,

"Meet back in this position in two hours," he said marking the ground and the surrounding trees with certain pattern of slash marks and headed in the opposite direction of you.

You wandered for about an hour and noticed nothing unusual, I should probably head back, you thought. You turned around, looked at your surroundings and felt your heart sink and you sighed in frustration.

"Grrrr! How the hell did I manage to get lost!? I should have marked the trees or something!" you shouted in anger. Your sense of direction was always terrible, ever since you were a kid you would manage to get lost so easily.

"Why did I have to open my mouth and be like 'Hey Giyuu? You know what'd be a great idea? Let's split up in a giant forest so I can get lost because I have absolutely no sense of direction!" you mocked yourself out loud while choosing a direction to head in. After every few trees or so you slashed one with your sword as an indicator that you had already been there.

You continued like this for another hour, already late to the meeting spot. Then something caught your eye, a marking on a tree. You looked at it questioningly and observed it,

"This doesn't look like a mark from Giyuu's sword, is it mine?" you questioned out loud and made a second slash to form an 'X'. You continued forward again and after about 10 minutes you saw a tree with two slashes. I know I didn't turn around, I stayed straight, you thought.

Your heart rate instantly increased when you realized what was happening. You were trapped in a loop. This is from a Blood Demon Art, you thought. You growled in anger and tried running in a different direction only to find yourself back at the double-slashed tree. You continued running in different directions over and over trying to find a way out or the demon who trapped you.

Giyuu on the other hand was being attacked by two demons from afar, hurling projectiles at him at inhuman speeds. He was on the defense, deflecting each projectile with his sword. He wasn't able to locate the demons' exact location so he was at a disadvantage with his sword while the demons could attack from long range.

His anger towards demons only grew during this confrontation and his patience quickly started to run out, I need to get to (Y/N) he thought she could be in trouble or worse. His thoughts were even split into killing the demons who were attacking and protecting you. He inhaled,

"Sixth Form: Whirlpool," he muttered and spun himself fiercely while creating a vortex of air that slashed anything that was flying towards him. He focused on the sounds around him and heard one of the demon's footsteps for an instant and his eyes glared into the direction of the sound. Found you, he thought and hurled himself in the direction of the demon and instantly severed it's head from its body. The other demon, outraged at the loss of it's companion, charged Giyuu and was instantly cut down.

"I need to get to (Y/N)," he stated, making his way towards the spot you agreed to meet at.