Introduction

(Y/N) POV:

I've been working closely with the Hashira recently. Although I am not a formal member of the group, my rank in the Demon Slayer Corps is higher than most. There have been recent reports of an increase in demons making appearances in smaller towns. Although most of these could be dealt with by the middle rank demon slayers, we've been on a shortage. A lot of the members have started to fall ill from a previous demon's use of their Blood Demon Art and are currently recovering.

The sun was bright and there was a cool breeze that caused the leaves on the trees to gracefully dance while I trained with the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku. He was...energetic as usual. Him and I had gotten pretty close since I first started aiding the Hashira. One day he had asked to train and soon after it became a daily routine for us.

Our swords clashed loudly together and sweat gleamed on our foreheads while we engaged. I always struggled with a sword.

My breathing was impeccable, at least that's what I've overheard the other Hashira say about me. We're all acquainted, more or less, the only exception is with Rengoku and the Sound Hashira, Tengen Uzui, who I was more on the level of friends rather than acquaintances with. Although I am friends with the demon slayers Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke but they always seem to be off running about. They were quite interesting when we first met to say the least, but we quickly became friends.

 The thing I was most lacking in was sword skills. I wasn't terrible, but I was nothing special either. It was my mastery of Total Concentration: Constant at an early age that helped me climb the ranks and get to where I was.

"Fix your stance (Y/N)!" Rengoku shouted eagerly at me.

Before I could do anything he swiftly attacked and I was on the ground before I knew it. I looked up at him, the sun shining behind his figure causing him to look almost godlike compared to me. I was in awe, not because of looks, but because he really was godlike in comparison to me. I was lucky to be getting trained by Rengoku.

I sighed as I grabbed his hand that he was holding out to help me up and then wiped dust off of my (f/c) haori. I was frustrated to say the least, not at Rengoku, but at myself for making such a beginner mistake.

He placed a hand on my shoulder and flashed a bright smile, "Don't worry (Y/N)! I know that you'll get it eventually, we just have to train harder!" I couldn't help but smile at the words of encouragement from him. He was always so kind to me, and extremely supportive.

"Thank you, for everything Rengoku-Sensei." I smiled and bowed.

"Of course! What kind of sensei would I be?" he joked.

"Now then, I think we should grab something to eat after all of that training," I told him while placing a hand on my empty stomach. He happily agreed and we made plans to eat a late lunch in a small place in the town that wasn't too far from where we were.

We talked and laughed until a silhouette flashed above and broke our conversation with a loud squawk,

"Mission for (Y/N)! Meet at Headquarters! I repeat, mission for (Y/N)! Meet at Headquarters!"

I looked over to Rengoku and gave him a sorry smile since we wouldn't be able to get lunch.

"Duty calls for you! We can grab lunch some other time, good luck on your mission and be safe!" he called to me while I ran off while waving and shouting goodbyes.

I felt bad for leaving behind the fiery headed Hashira, but I had a job to do nonetheless.